RunnerGirl

Cathlete
Turkey and Spinach Manicotti
8 uncooked manicotti shells
1/2 lb ground white meat turkey
1/2 cup chopped onion
2 teaspoons chopped garlic
1 cup fat free ricotta cheese
1 tsp Italian seasoning (I added a little more than that)
1 box (10 oz) of frozen spinach, thawed, squeezed to drain
1 and 1/2 cup of pasta sauce ( I used Hunt's no sugar added)
2 tablespoons of parmesean cheese

1. Heat oven to 375 and spray baking dish
2. Cook pasta shells according to box, omit salt. Rinse with cool water and drain
3. Cook turkey, onion, and garlic over medium heat, until turkey is no longer pink. Remove from heat. Stir in Ricotta cheese, Italian seasoning, and spinach.
4. Spoon mixture into shells. Bake uncovered for 25 minutes or until hot and bubbly. Sprinkle with parm cheese.

4 servings.
1 serving: 350 cals, Fat 6g

have u made this before? looks good. i have ricotta to use up and kale. i was also planning on making marinara sauce in my slow cooker for pixxa and chicken

laura

I made this recipe last night and it was awesome!!! I tried to find whole wheat manicotti shells but had no luck so I used regular ones. Not even sure if they come in whole wheat. I also used fresh spinach instead of frozen because I had it. I didn't have Italian seasoning so I just used some oregano and tex mex seasonings instead. It was great.

I was just wondering about whole grain manicotti shells. This recipe looks super good, I'd probably add a bunch more seasoning and I typically use a mix of fire-roasted crushed tomatoes and tomato puree rather than marinara sauce--way lower in calories and other additives.

Thanks for posting!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.