Too Many Zucchini...

caseysmomgo

Cathlete
Anybody got any good zucchini recipes? I've got a couple huge ones that I need to use and I'm all out of creative ideas.

Thanks in advance!

I just love roasting them. I slice out the seeds on the big ones and crank the oven up (400 to 450) and slice them in long stripes and toss them in olive oil and roast away until soft. I did 3 huge ones last night. You can roast onions along with them. They taste so good!! Peggy

Thanks ladies!

Peggy - roasting with onions sounds like a great idea! I think this will be lunch tomorrow.

Heather - those sparkpeople recipes look awesome...I sent many to print! I had totally forgotten about sparkpeople, and there's lots of good info on there.

ElleJay - that chocolate zucchini cake recipe looks to die for...I'd go make it right now if I wasn't exhausted from 6 hrs of yard work today!!

I appreciate your input and I'll definitely be making all of the above! Thanks again.:)

I make stuffed zucchini boats out of them. Just wash them and cut them in half lengthwise. Scoop out the seeds. Stuff them with whatever you want. I use sauteed ground white meat turkey, onions, garlic, and mushrooms. I mix in 1/2 jar of spagetti sauce. Then stuff the hollowed out zucchini, pour the rest of the spagetti sauce over them, cover with foil, and bake them at 350 for 1/2 - 1 hour (depending on how large the squash is). It's delicious and a great way to use the ones that get out of control in size! Enjoy!

My favorite way to eat zucchini is simple - sliced, sprayed lightly with oil, salt and pepper, and throw 'em on the grill. OMG so good! Just had them last night.:)

Dania, I sliced up and grilled a big huge one tonight and OMG, sooooo good! I hadn't made them like that for ages, so thanks for recommending this.

Exercise-lover, I think I'll use some brown rice, etc and make the boats with a filling like stuffed peppers or cabbage rolls.

Such great tips! You ladies always come through with great ideas.:)

Thanks ElleJay!

This is the BEST and moistest cake ...

http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Chocolate-Zucchini-Cake-I/Detail.aspx

I don't use sour milk, though, I use 0% fat greek yogurt. And I also cut the butter and oil in half and used unsweetened applesauce for the other half (so 1/2 cup applesauce, 1/4 cup butter and 1/4 cup oil). Walnuts are optional in my book, so I added more chocolate chips!!! :D:D:D

OMG...!! I made this Choc Zucchini Cake yesterday and it was superb!!! (I also added extra chocolate chips!) I took some to my friend and her DH demanded that she get the recipe from me.

I'm going to have to freeze the rest or I'll end up finishing it off today....:D

Thanks again.

Make zucchini pasta: slice thinly using a food peeler. Leave as-is for 'lasagne' noodles, slice into thick 'fetuccini' noodles, or thin slice into 'spaghetti' noodles. Marinate in a bit of olive oil and salt to soften, and serve raw with whatever sauce you want.

The same 'lasagne'-size noodles can be used as wraps. Lay three slices "vertically", side-by-side, overlapping them. Place slices or small pieces of avocado, cucumber, carrots etc, and sprouts sideways across, then roll up to make 'spring rolls." Fill with nut cheese (or any kind of soft cheese), marinated mushrooms, etc. for 'manicotti'.

Slice and use to dip hummus or other dips.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.