No Bake Coconut Bars

Thanks for sharing these. They look yummy and are surprisingly low in calories...I may be making these this weekend!

Eva

Oh I love coconut - and I have some unsweetened coconut! Yay.... I am going to try almond oil instead of coconut, with some dark chocolate. Maybe it will taste like a mounds bar :) I can hope...

Oh I love coconut - and I have some unsweetened coconut! Yay.... I am going to try almond oil instead of coconut, with some dark chocolate. Maybe it will taste like a mounds bar :) I can hope...

I was just going to add that if you melt some dark chocolate and drizzle it on top (before refrigeration), it DOES taste like Mounds or Bounty :p:p.

Enjoy!

Where is everyone finding unsweetened coconut? I can only find the sweetened kind in my super market and I'd like to avoid that. These look amazing and I am such a sucker for coconut! :)

Where is everyone finding unsweetened coconut? I can only find the sweetened kind in my super market and I'd like to avoid that. These look amazing and I am such a sucker for coconut! :)

I live in Canada and I can easily find unsweetened coconut at my local health food store, bulk store, and even supermarkets (although yes, with supermarkets it is harder to find).

I hope you find it soon!

Natasha

Coconut Bars

I LOOOOOOVE coconut! :D I enjoy following Chocolate Covered Katie's blog. She has great healthy recipes for sweet treats! Thanks, Natasha! :)

Try Bob's Red Mill - Bob's Red Mill Natural Foods :: Healthy :: Whole Grain

I order from them a lot - sometimes Amazon has the BRM stuff cheaper (or free shipping) but that's a start :) I did see it in Wegman's too if you have one of those around. They have a HUGE organic food section :)

Not quite ...

I think my coconut wasn't soft enough for this - the BRM is dehydrated, of course I figured that out when I stirred everything together and it just didn't look right. :eek: I put it in a small saucepan with some warm water and heated it up to rehydrate it, then smelled my no pudge brownies cooking in the oven and did something else with my coconut mix. I added a few triangles of Laughing Cow cream cheese, stirred it up and topped my brownies with the coconut/cream cheese.

OH MY am I bad....:D:D:D:eek:

But it was so good and still kinda healthy :rolleyes:

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.