My go-to Cookbooks

112toGuru

Cathlete
Here's my short list of go-to cookbooks and why I like them:

Everyday Food: Great Food Fast by Martha Stewart Living Magazine
4 seasons of delicious, easy to make, meals, soups, & sides w/ complete nutritional info in the back for each

Farmer's Market Guide to Vegetables by Bridget Jones (got mine at Ollies good stuff cheap for 4.99) great for the whole foods challenged how to buy, store, & prepare fresh from the market also nutritional guides in back

Veganomicon by Isa Moskowitz & Terry Hope Vegan recipes, meals, plans, and interesting ways to substitute for meat with meatless meals.

You Are What You Eat by holistic nutritionist Dr. Gillian McKeith there are some recipes in this book, but I used it intially to change my eating habits towards whole foods. lots of info on specific foods, to improve or eliminate common conditions. The recipes are good too. (I watched her bbc show often in 2006, hysterical, but gets the point across!)

I've always been a little culinarily challenged, these are books that I used to learn to cook healthier, but it's a work in progress:p

Linda

My latest go-to cookbook:

Slim for Life by Dr. Gillian McKeith for sheer variety of recipes for whole foods, so many interesting combinations, both cooked & raw fruits & veggies, beans, grains, fish, chicken, tofu, this week White Bean soup w/Lemon & Fennel Coleslaw, need to use up the red cabbage.

I picked it up at Borders with another huge discount & the rest of an X-mas gift card, 77 cents.

I swear when I eat her way, my hair, skin, nails, everything looks better & I feel fantastic. I feel like I've, as of late, been getting so much better at it too.

:)

Last edited:

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.