Cathlete
Hungry Girls
Loaded
Mashed Potatoes

Ingredients:
3 oz. cubed red potatoes (about 1 - 2 small potatoes), not peeled
1 1/2 cups chopped cauliflower

1 1/2 tbsp. fat-free sour cream

1 tbsp. fat-free non-dairy liquid creamer (like Coffee-mate Original Fat Free)

1 slice fat-free American cheese

1 tbsp. real bacon bits (like the kind by Oscar Mayer or Hormel)

1 tsp. chopped chives

dash salt

Optional: black pepper, additional salt, to taste

Directions:
Place potatoes and cauliflower in a medium microwave-safe bowl with 2 tbsp. water. Cover and microwave for 6 minutes, until very tender.

Once the bowl is cool enough to handle, drain any excess water. Transfer potatoes and cauliflower to a large bowl, and set the medium bowl aside for later use.

Add creamer, sour cream, and salt. Using a potato masher or fork, mash until completely blended. If you like, season to taste with pepper and additional salt. Place mixture in the medium microwave-safe bowl.

Lay cheese slice over the potato-cauliflower mixture. Microwave for about 30 seconds, until the cheese has melted.

Top with bacon bits and chives. Enjoy!

MAKES 1 SERVING

Serving Size: entire recipe

Calories: 181

Fat: 2g

Sodium: 758mg
Carbs: 28g
Fiber: 5g

Sugars: 7g

Protein: 13.5g

POINTS® value 3*

Here's my review.

1. GREAT sized portion.
2. You do taste a little cauliflower, so if you have someone who hates it, don't serve it to them (aka my DH!.. LOL!)
3. Mine was a bit lumpy, but that was fine with me. You could make is smoother. I made the mistake of getting the DRIED FF Creamer, instead of the liquid. So that could have been one of the causes too.
4. Tastes ... SOOOOOOO good! LOved it, loved the combitio of the cheese, chives, bacon bits.
5. Bottom line, would make it again in a heartbeat!!!

wow... this recipe looks really good. I never made mash potatoes in a microwave before. I'm going to try this recipe real soon. thanks.

Here's my review.

3. Mine was a bit lumpy, but that was fine with me. You could make is smoother. I made the mistake of getting the DRIED FF Creamer, instead of the liquid. So that could have been one of the causes too.

I make these for my hubby and me all the time and I throw them in a food processor and drizzle in the milk (or creamer) and that will get them very smooth.

i loved the idea of this and had to think about how to make it for my family as far as taste and amount. this is what i did....

8 red potatoes, skins on, scrubbed, chopped and steamed
about 2 cups of cauliflower, chopped and steamed
4 carrots chopped and steamed
2/3 cup fat free sour cream
salt and pepper to taste

i steamed each of these separately because they take varying amounts of time. used the blender to puree the cauliflower and mashed the potatoes and carrots together with a hand masher because we like them somewhat chunky. mixed cauliflower together with potato and carrot. added sour cream and salt and pepper.

I've made this 3x now. my family found it tasty. i think it has a nice texture and it is also kind of pretty with the pieces of carrot and potato skin. of course, someone can always add butter after the fact (like my husband...).

hope other ppl will enjoy!

Mmmm, that sounds good, too!

Silly husbands, we make something a little better for them and they just have to put butter or salt on them :p Mine is the same way..

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.