Kettle Korn

banslug

Cathlete
Since I posted this recipe in a post on OD, I thought I'd share it here as well. It's not necessarily healthy

I bought myself a Whirley Pop popcorn maker for Christmas...I've wanted one for years and finally decided to treat myself. But this recipe can be made in a very large pot with a lid.

Kettle Korn:
1/4 C sugar
1/4 C oil
1/2 C popping corn kernels

Put all 3 ingredients in a very large cooking pot with the lid on and put the pot on the burner on medium heat (if electric, preheat the burner to just above medium heat, but do not preheat the pot). Jiggle the pot continuously so nothing burns. Keep shaking till popping stops, then pour the popcorn onto a baking sheet to cool. When cool, break into pieces/chunks and ENJOY!!!!!!!

There are about 800 calories in the entire batch!

(as soon as you dump out the popcorn, fill the pot with hot soapy water and let soak a few minutes with the lid ON so that it's easier to clean.) I will never BUY kettle korn again after making it at home.....so delish!

Gayle

This is soooo good!!!

Gayle, I forgot to tell you I made this and it is awesome!!!!:D:D:D:D I have to talk myself out of making it too often because I want to eat too much. Thanks again!

OH! I'm glad others liked this as well! Dianna, I also have to talk myself out of this quite often! :)

And yes, Gayle, I guess if you save enough calories you can eat the whole batch (which I've done ONCE! LOL)!

Gayle (the other one)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.