Greek yogurt

naynay

Cathlete
I bought some greek yogurt to try it, and I don't like the taste at all! Does anyone have any suggestions for what to use it in?

I love Chobani Greek yogurt; any of the berry flavors and also lemon. YUMMY!!!! :p
Nancy

I have never been much of a yogurt person (except for frozen yogurt), and I decided to try greek yogurt. I forget the name of the brand I got, but it was really thick and not very sweet. Maybe I will try the one you mentioned

I use plain, non-fat greek yogurt (usually Fage) as a replacement for sour cream. My husband couldn't tell the difference. It's so much healthier for you because of the protein and no fat.

I also add berries to non-fat, plain greek yogurt. I love the tanginess of it. Regular yogurt is too sweet. I think we've gotten used to overly sweet yogurt. Retrain your taste buds!

I am guessing you bought the plain greek yogurt which is not sweet at all. I add fresh or frozen (thawed ;)) berries to mine and also a little erythritol or stevia to help sweeten it up a bit.

I have also added vanilla or strawberry flavored protein powder to it. That adds flavor and sweetness to it.

Stick with trying different options. Greek yogurt is so much better for you than regular yogurt.

Hope that helped!

I LOVE greek yogurt- but not all of them. Im a huge fan of Fage and Oikos. Chobani is too gritty for me and some of the others are just a little too watery. The Fage has probably the least bitter taste. When i first started eating it i had to mask the flavor with fruit or granola, but after I adjusted to the taste I started to like eating it plain as well.

It wasnt an immediate love for me... but its love now! Everyday at 1030am- greek yogurt time! :)

Oikos is the only brand of Greek yogurt we have in my house. It's really good, and it's ORGANIC. We've been trying to go as organic and clean as possible. We even avoid sugar and artificial sweeteners, so we use Stevita brand Stevia instead. It's actually the only brand we've found so far with no bitter aftertaste. So much better for you than all the crap they're putting out there these days and passing off as good for you! We're not vegetarians and don't go crazy with everything having to be organic all the time, but when we have the option, we've found that it works better for us.

I have tried all the greek yogurts out there and good 'ol Dannon has been my favorite. I get vanilla and put granola and almonds in it. I eat it almost everyday as one of my small meals. It has the perfect texture. Can't stand the ones that are watery, which to me are all the others! Don't think I could eat it without my granola and almonds, though.

I've hated yogurt all my life (38 years). I just could never develop a taste for it. Then I tried trader joe's 0% plain greek yogurt with a little squeeze of honey, my favorite granola and blueberries and fell in love. I also love chobani honey, lemon and all the berries.

I eat the Fage plain greek yogurt. I use it mainly in my smoothies, but also as a replacement for sour cream and even mixed in w/ my tuna. When I eat it on it's own I mix it some raw local honey or agave and fruit. I also love it on top of pancakes drizzled w/ some maple syrup. I hope I'll get to the point where I can eat it alone, but I haven't gotten there yet.

If I'm eating the plain variety I add in a bit of honey to make it more tolerable. I also like it with granola. I like Chobani's and Brown Cow. I also like the Oikos brand when its on sale. Stay away from the Yoplait brand. I heard it was one of the worst tasting ones.

The plain kind is good on baked potatoes and dishes where you would normally use sour cream.

I use greek yogurt in smoothies - 1/2 cup yogurt, 1/2 to 3/4 cup frozen berries, 1/4 cup water and a squirt or honey, it's so good and has worked to curb my ice cream cravings :)

My son gets the 32 ounce size and adds 1/4 tsp of vanilla extract and either erythritol or ezsweetz. Sometimes he will add fruit too! It really has a great taste!

Thanks for listing this Trish..once again I will try to like Greek yogurt and use you suggestion....I have tried and tried but just have difficulty getting past the more sour? taste it has.:)

You can use regular yogurt. Make sure you get plain and NOT a low fat version. Line a small strainer with coffee filters (or cheesecloth), pour the yogurt into it, cover with more coffee filters. Place the strainer over a bowl, and set a pot with water in it on top of the yogurt, inside the strainer. That will help squeeze out the liquid and make it thicker like a Greek Yogurt. Put it in your fridge for a few hours while the liquid drains and then take the yogurt out of the coffee filters, put in a bowl and proceed as you normally would with your recipe.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.