1 (11 oz.) can corn with red and green peppers, drained
1 (10 oz.) can enchilada sauce
1/2 cup egg substitute
1 (8.5 oz.) package corn muffin mix
2 TBSP. chopped bottled roasted red peppers
1-1/2 cups shredded reduced-fat Mexican or cheddar cheese
6 TBSP. low-fat sour cream
1-1/2 tsp. thinly sliced fresh cilantro

1. Place 2 TBSP green chiles and next 6 ingredients (through enchilada sauce) in a 3.5 qt. slow cooker; stir well. Cover with lid; cook on low setting 4 hours.

2. Combine 1 TBSP green chiles, egg substitute, muffin mix, and roasted peppers in a bowl. Spoon batter evenly over bean mixture in slow cooker. Cover and cook 1 hour or until corn bread is done.

3. Sprinkle cheese over corn bread. Cover and cook 5 min or until cheese melts. Top each serving with sour cream and a sprinkle of cilantro.

6 servings. Serving size = about 1 cup casserole, 1 TBSP sour cream, 1/4 tsp. cilantro

385 cal, 13 g fat, 16 g protein, 5 g fiber

WW = 8 pts.

Made this tonight, and it was soooo good! I had been skeptical that the cornbread would cook properly, but it came out great! Thanks!!

My family loved this recipe. Served chicken with it the first time. Need to double if feeding more than 4 and/or growing boys. Making it again today and going to put in some ground seasoned chicken. Let you know how that turns out.

Christie

I cut up chicken and added it to the recipe as my husband likes lots of protein. We both loved it! I used plain greek yogurt instead of sour cream too. Very good recipe. Thanks.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.