chocolate banana bread

Recipe

Hi Kate

Thats looks a fabulous recipe. Will try this week. Thanks for sharing. Do you think I could use normal bananas that need using instead of the banana chips? My DH loves banana cake and I love chocolate. So we will try.

Thanks again

Laura

Laura, This bread really didn't have a banana taste at all so if that's what you're looking for it will be disappointing. You could leave out the chips if you don't have them or sub something else in. The bread had a fruity/cinnamon taste to it which I actually enjoyed but just wasn't expecting. The chocolate chips in it were definetly a YUM part of it! I think the bananas it calls for just mostly moisten the bread. Our loaf got finished off today and kept really well. Still tasted great! Hope you guys like it!

I just read this post last week and made the bread last night....I really like it! I've read that some people thought it was 'gross' because there isn't any added sugar. Well, I think the choc. chips more than make up for that! Yes, it doesn't have a strong banana flavor, I can taste a hint of it. As a chocolate lover, I'll take a chocolate flavor over banana any day! I will def. make this again.;)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.