black bean & corn salad

jusMaryAnn

I LOVE this recipe! Never seems to make it a full 24 hours in the fridge before it's gone!

1 1/2 cups corn, thawed & drained
1 14 oz. can black beans, rinsed & drained
1/2 cup red pepper
1/2 cup onion
1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped

2 Tbsp. seasoned rice wine vinegar
1 Tbsp. evoo (extra virgin olive oil)
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. pepper
1/2 tsp. lime juice

Combine 1st five ingredients in a bowl and toss. Combine 2nd five ingredients in a small bowl and whisk together. Pour over corn/black bean mix, toss, and enjoy!

Last edited:
I really want to try this too!!!

I do not have the following ingredients:

2 Tbsp. seasoned rice wine vinegar
1 Tbsp. evoo

Is there anything I can substitute it with or should I go out and buy them. Can these be found in a regular grocery store and if so, in which section.

Debbie - the "evoo" is extra virgin olive oil, you probably have that.

The seasoned rice wine vinegar - I did go buy some because I had no idea what would substitute for it, it cost between $2 & $3. If you find a substitute, let us know! I found this item where the vinegars are - balsamic vinegar, apple cider vinegar, etc. etc. You might also find it in the Asian section if your store has an ethnic aisle.

Thank you so much.

I do have EVOO. I now remember hearing that term before on Rachael Ray.

I will look for the rice vinegar in my nearby store.

Thanks again!! I can't wait to try it out.

I made this yesterday and loved it. My husband also like it. My kids on the other hand did not like the cilantro in it. I don't usually cook with it, so it was strange to them. I plan on cooking more with it and therefore, hopefully they will acquire the taste for it.

Thanks for sharing the recipe.

I made this yesterday and loved it. My husband also like it. My kids on the other hand did not like the cilantro in it.

Very glad you and hubby liked it Debbie! Here's an idea for ya: Make the dish with about 1/2 of the cilantro, then split it between 2 bowls - 1 for the kids, then add the rest of the cilantro to the other for you and hubby :D

I tweak the recipe to my taste by adding more lime and a bit more salt. Then again, I do have a fetish for Mexican food, and I love fresh cilantro in this, homemade salsa, etc. :) I did post the recipe above as it was written originally, and I've gone back and clarified the "evoo".

Super delicious!

I whipped this up the other evening and have been enjoying it for lunches - over quinoa today.

I doubled the dressing recipe (I think I had a lot of beans & corn) and stole Jacque's idea about the avocado.

Really tasty and satisfying. And easy! Thanks for posting.

I make a similar recipe that has balsamic vinegar and a little dijon mustard in it instead of the seasoned rice wine vinegar - yummy. I'm sure you could do just the balsamic in place of the rice wine vinegar if you wanted.

Lisa

I make a similar recipe that has balsamic vinegar and a little dijon mustard in it instead of the seasoned rice wine vinegar - yummy. I'm sure you could do just the balsamic in place of the rice wine vinegar if you wanted.

Lisa

That sounds terrific too. I love balsamic in recipes. :D

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.