BERRY CRUMBLE

Chris801

Cathlete
Got this from Nutiva kitchen website. Made this last week end very yummy! Going to make it for a pot luck on sunday too!

Nutiva Berry Crumble
Everybody loves fruit crumbles! This crumble is so healthy it should be illegal! Bursting with fresh berries and topped with a delicious mixture of hemp seeds, oats and dried coconut. Nutiva’s high quality coconut flour and oil makes this crumble extra nutritious and delicious!

Ingredients
3 cups Mixed Fresh Berries (Fruit filling)
2 tbsp Balsamic vinegar (Fruit filling)
2 tbsp Lemon juice (Fruit filling)
1 tbsp Vanilla Extract (Fruit filling)
4 tbsp Nutiva Organic Coconut Sugar (Fruit filling)
1 tsp Nutiva Organic Coconut Flour (Fruit filling)
1/4 cup Nutiva Organic Coconut Flour (Crumble Crust)
1/4 cup Almond flour (Crumble Crust)
1/4 cup Oats (quick rolled) (Crumble Crust)
1/4 cup Nutiva Organic Hempseeds (Crumble Crust)
2 tbsp Nutiva Organic Coconut - fine Shred - Macaroons (Crumble Crust)
5 tbsp Nutiva Organic Coconut Sugar (Crumble Crust)
1/2 tsp Cinnamon (ground) (Crumble Crust)
1/2 tsp Ginger (ground) (Crumble Crust)
Pinch Sea Salt (Crumble Crust)
1/2 cup Nutiva Organic Coconut Oil (warm to make liquid) (Crumble Crust)
1 tsp Vanilla Extract (Crumble Crust)
1 Can Coconut Cream (chilled)(Coconut Whipping Cream)
A few tbsp Powdered Sugar (Coconut Whipping Cream)
Instructions
Toss the berries in a mixing bowl with the balsamic, lemon juice, vanilla, coconut sugar and flour. Let stand.
Mix the flours, oats, walnuts, shredded coconut, flaxseeds, sugar and spices in a bowl.
Mix the coconut oil with the vanilla and pour over the flour mixture. Use your hands to combine till it forms the texture of coarse crumbs.
Toss the berries in a baking dish and sprinkle the crust mixture on top.
Bake in the oven at 350 degrees FF till top is golden brown (20 to 30 minutes).
Place a can of full-fat coconut milk or a can of coconut cream in the fridge overnight (or if you are in a hurry, place in the freezer for 10 minutes).
If using a can of coconut milk, scrape of the top cream layer of coconut milk and disregard the water. You don't need to do this if you are using coconut cream.
Add a few tablespoons of powdered sugar.
With a hand mixer, whip the coconut cream till thick and fluffy.
Add some vanilla, cinnamon or rum if you like. Yum

Nice - I just bought some coconut sugar and wondered what the first dish I should make would be! I love fruit crumbles and all the coconut products that are used. Thanks!

Mmmmmm!

Thanks for this delicious recipe! I made it today for a pool party tomorrow and I'm going to make it for a baby shower in the next couple of weeks! I think I will add another couple cups of fruit for the next recipe; I love the tanginess that the lemon juice and vinegar add!:D

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.