Banana Dark Chocolate Protein Pancakes

mini-natty

Cathlete
I HAD to share this recipe with all of you. Delicious clean eating at it's best!

The original recipe is off Bob Harper's book The Skinny Rules. I tweaked the recipe a bit to suit my taste buds and ingredients I had in the house. The original recipe is excellent, but I found my version to be a lot tastier :p. I will give both versions and you guys decide ;).

1/2c rolled oats - (my version -- 1/2c oat flour. You can use coconut flour too)
1/4c fat-free ricotta (my version -- 1/4c fat-free greek yogurt)
4 large egg whites
1 banana
1/8 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1/2c blueberries (my version -- 2 squares Lindt 70% dark chocolate broken into little bits)

Not in the original recipe:
2tbls ground flaxseed
coconut oil to coat pan (you can use PAM spray if you wish).

Instructions:

1) Heat griddle. Spray or coat with oil.

2) Mash banana w/fork. Add yogurt, egg whites, vanilla.

3) Add all other ingredients to banana mixture and mix well (if you plan to use blueberries, add them last once the "batter" is mixed well. Fold blueberries into mixture).

4) Pour batter into pan to form pancakes. The recipe will make approx 6-8 pancakes depending on how big/small you chose to make them.

SO GOOD! I ate 2 right out of the pan still warm :p:D.

Enjoy!

Natasha

Last edited:
I HAD to share this recipe with all of you. Delicious clean eating at it's best!

The original recipe is off Bob Harper's book The Skinny Rules. I tweaked the recipe a bit to suit my taste buds and ingredients I had in the house. The original recipe is excellent, but I found my version to be a lot tastier :p. I will give both versions and you guys decide ;).

1/2c rolled oats - (my version -- 1/2c oat flour. You can use coconut flour too)
1/4c fat-free ricotta (my version -- 1/4c fat-free greek yogurt)
4 large egg whites
1 banana
1/8 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1/2c blueberries (my version -- 2 squares Lindt 70% dark chocolate broken into little bits)

Not in the original recipe:
1tbls flaxseed (whole seeds)
coconut oil to coat pan (you can use PAM spray if you wish).

Instructions:

1) Heat griddle. Spray or coat with oil.

2) Mash banana w/fork. Add yogurt, egg whites, vanilla.

3) Add all other ingredients to banana mixture and mix well (if you plan to use blueberries, add them last once the "batter" is mixed well. Fold blueberries into mixture).

4) Pour batter into pan to form pancakes. The recipe will make approx 6-8 pancakes depending on how big/small you chose to make them.

SO GOOD! I ate 2 right out of the pan still warm :p:D.

Enjoy!

Natasha

Oh Natasha,

How can I honestly say no to this---70% dark chocolate---Your suggestion really sound great to me:):):):).

I am going to have to find time to try this. Hope I get it right at the first attempt.

Thanks so much for sharing this and Have a great week end.

Natasha this looks like a yummy recipe, thanks for sharing. Call me dense but I'm not sure if you are grinding the flaxseeds before adding to the mixture. I thought they'd pass through undigested if not ground. -- Sue

Natasha this looks like a yummy recipe, thanks for sharing. Call me dense but I'm not sure if you are grinding the flaxseeds before adding to the mixture. I thought they'd pass through undigested if not ground. -- Sue

To suethepooh,

Glad you have pointed out grinding flaxseeds...what grinder are you using/
I would like to grind flaxseed too. I prefer a grinded flax seeds with my greek yoghurt.

;-)

Very interesting. I've never heard that they passed through undigested if not ground. Does this mean that I will not get the benefit of flaxseed unless they are ground? I have used ground flaxseed before and I actually prefer the whole flaxseeds -- I like the texture :p. Hmmm...I need to investigate this :confused:. Thanks for pointing it out Sue :).

UPDATE:
After reading several reputable articles, yes it seems that ground would be the better option. I really had no clue. I'm a tad bit disappointed TBH. Oh well. It didn't make me sick or anything, so no harm done ;).

Last edited:
Natasha if you like the texture that whole flaxseeds give you why not do both? grind some & add some in whole, you'll get both your nutrition & texture.

Just an FYI, Bob's Red Mill sells ground flax seeds for a very reasonable price. I used to buy the whole seeds and grind them myself, but tried the ground and liked them just as nice. I store them in the 'fridge once I open them.

It's an option...

Yes definitely he will feel really loved to eat this.. I personally don't like sweet dish and cake food especially but some time I taste sweet food.. But this one is looking really nice so I will also try this recipe for myself..
Thanks..

Last edited:

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.