Another PB Protein Bar Idea

Boingo1

Cathlete

Protein Bars

5 Tbsp of natural peanut butter
1 cup uncooked old fashioned oats (I used quick oats)
6 scoops of chocolate whey protein
1 tsp vanilla
1 cup non fat dry milk
1/2 cup water (may need more depending on type of whey used) I used another 1/4 cup.

Mix oatmeal, whey and dry milk. Then add peanut butter...the mix will be crumbly. Add the vanilla and water and mix until a dough forms. Mixture will be sticky. Spray an 8X8 baking dish and spread dough with a sprayed spatula or wooden spoon. Freeze for one hour or refrigerate for a few hours. Cut into 9 bars and wrap individually or layer between waxed paper. Keep refrigerated.

Nutritional information: 197 calories, 21g of protein, 7.2g of fat (8% saturated) 13.7g of carbs 1.6g of fiber.

this looks great!!

I've been tempted to try a protien bar recipe for awhile and this pushed me over the edge... What whey protein powder did you use? I like the nutrional ratio's that you listed and want to make sure I use the same to keep the info on target.

Thanks!

I've been tempted to try a protien bar recipe for awhile and this pushed me over the edge... What whey protein powder did you use? I like the nutrional ratio's that you listed and want to make sure I use the same to keep the info on target.

Thanks!

I actually didn't use whey protein, I haven't made them yet! Someone shared the recipe with me , they got it from Beachbody boards! So let me know if you try it and what you think!!

I made these and loved them!

I made these a few days ago and love them! At first I was expecting them to be sweater and thought they could use nuts or something but I find myself craving them and running back to the fridge for them. My 7 yr old Daughter really wanted to try them but didn't like them, she is picky though. I think you have to like protien bars to enjoy these and they are definately gooey and sticky. Thanks for sharing the recipe!!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.