Who is going to take before and after pics?

Carol_is_fit

Cathlete
Anyone else planning on taking before and after pics of themselves when STS arrives? What would you all think about a thread or a social group for this? We could watch each other's progress, and cheer each other on.

Carol
:)

ETA: If this post should be in another forum someone please let me know and I'll re-post it. Thanks! :)

Carol, I've never been into the before and after pic thing. Although sometimes I wish I had. I would be interested in a check in for STS though.

I'll definitely be taking before/after measurements...maybe during each cycle or something to see (hopefully!) progress! I've never done it in the past and wish I had, when trying new workouts, so this should be a good test to see results.

I'm planning on taking before and after measurements and also photos.

When my DH and I did a rotation of P90 a couple of years ago, the P90 program recommended the photos, and, while we were hesitant to do it at first, it ended up being a really cool way to see the results of our workouts! :)

I love the idea of an STS check-in group, too! That would be really fun!

I will take before and after pics as I am post-partum and have lots of chub to lose--whether I post them publicly or not depends on my results:p.

Maggie:)

I like the idea of before and after pictures. Like Maggie said it depends on the results if I would ever post them publicly. :confused: I would love a check-in group too. :D

I intend on doing pics. Wish I would have done them before I started with Cathe. Better than pics, though, was this little gem I got over the weekend...DH said he could really tell that my arms were looking tough! I always had skinny, puny arms. I had noticed some definition starting for some time, but they are to the point now where they have that cut look and he, who never notices squat, took notice!! Still, I will be taking pics for STS ;)

Now that is some great feedback - isn't it the best feeling when others notice differences after all the work we all put in with working out with Cathe?! I sure do ;-)

PS - and this may be the stupidest question ever, but what does DH stand for?? It's driving me crazy that I don't know, and again, must be something I know just am not putting two-and-two together!

Ha ha - not a stupid question at all! I had to look that one up when I first started on this forum, along with many other little things I had no idea what they were b/c I had never really used a forum before :) It is Dear Husband. You will also see DS (Dear Son), DD (Dear Daugther), SO (Significant Other). And yes, it is the best kind of feedback to get when others notice!! Thanks for the reply :)

Carol:

I do!!! In fact, I suggested this very idea to Beavs, but she said she does the majority of her lifting at the gym.

On Saturday I did a 1RM workout for my upper body. Tomorrow, I think, I'm going to do a 1RM lower body workout. Then I'll be set, for the most part, for STS.

I plan on having DH take some pics before and after each Mesocycle. Can't wait (not for my picture to be taken, but for the progress I **hope** to see)! :)

Jillybean

I couldn't agree more - if the husband notices, it means the WORLD! While we all know they are *supposed* to compliment us daily (ha ha!), when they really notice the results, it's the best feeling, especially because they see us everyday. It's when you haven't seen someone for awhile, they usually notice big changes but when the husband does, it's even better! :D

So yes, my long-winded way of saying I'll def be taking pictures and measurements to see how I'm doing. I can't WAIT!

jsutera - Exactly! Especially when they typically would not notice if there was an elephant in the living room...;)

It must be in their genes. :p My DS19 hugged me the other day and told me how thin I'm getting (finally reached my ultimate goal) ---I turned to DH and told him to take lessons from his son on how to treat a woman. :eek:

Awww, at 19 too. How sweet! Sounds like he will - one day - make somebody a great hubby! You have taught him well ;)

Awww, at 19 too. How sweet! Sounds like he will - one day - make somebody a great hubby! You have taught him well ;)

Yes, he is a sweetie and his future wife is going to be a very lucky lady. Unfortunately I'm not 100% excited of his GF of 3 yrs. :eek:

Hopefully she either matures a lot or he ends up marrying someone else. ;) It is tough watching our kids make their own choices when they aren't the ones we want for them isn't it? I'm just starting that with a 14 year old girl (who thinks that if the decision is opposite ours that it is good!) :confused:

Oh, and I for one will probably take before and after pictures. Whether they become public or not is debatable. ;)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.