Where to anchor the tubing for modified chin ups?

Dela

Cathlete
I just watched the new clips and in the first new clip Cathe shows a modification for chin ups using the tubing.

Does anyone have any ideas where to anchor the tubing at home? In the video they show it anchored to a piece of workout equipment bolted to the wall.

Hi Dela. I have a tube anchored over a door hinge. Essentially it's a closed strap about 8" around that has a large padded "ball" (though not really a ball, but that's the best description for you). You slide the strap/ball mechanism over the top of a door and slide it down. The ball rests on top of the hinge hardware and the strap sticks out through the front side of the closed door. The tubing then threads trough that closed, secured strap. Works like a charm. Think I got mine at Dick's. Take a look at this:
http://www.myfitnesswarehouse.com/item.php?item=80&incat=11

Yeah much cheaper options here. I'm thinking maybe I'll do this.. hmm. Even though the power tower looks great... I'm wondering how "storable" it will be? I wonder if I can be put under the bed etc? Will the legs be able to be easily taken off/on for that? from the clips I don't see how or even If they can come off?

Last edited:
thanks for the link

I was wondering how I was going to do that one...thanks for the link, nice that it's inexpensive. I had thought about trying the bar on the front of my treadmill, but I think that it may limit range of motion. So many new exercises to shake things up!
julie

I use a door attachments from www.sissel-online.com , and put it at the top of a door, while I sit or kneel (if you need more tension, either kneel farther away from the door and lean forward--keeping your normal lordotic curve in your back---or put a knot in one or both sides of the resistance cord).

When I did P90X I used the tubing option rather than chin ups. My Dh put some hook into the doorway to our basement (out of sight) & then i have a clip thing that I run my tube through that clips right on to the hook. Cheap, inexpensive & not noticable, where I have it anyway.

I just watched the new clips and in the first new clip Cathe shows a modification for chin ups using the tubing.

Does anyone have any ideas where to anchor the tubing at home? In the video they show it anchored to a piece of workout equipment bolted to the wall.

All of our resistance tubing we sell in the Fitness by Cathe line comes with a black nylon strap that you place over the top of any door. At the end of the strap is a small ball that hangs on the other side of the door. Just close the door and the black ball on the other side will act as an anchor so you can now do your Lat Pulls, When your done just open your door and remove your tubing. It only takes a second or two to install and remove your tubing from any door. (I’ve included a picture below)

tube-door.JPG

Oh..... more money coming Cathe's way from me! I have tubing already, but may just have to order some from Cathe to get the door thingy.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.