What do you do on your "rest" week

susanzabo

Cathlete
I have yet to do my 1 rep max test, so I won't be starting for a while. I think I will start the 3 month LIS/STS rotation around May. I am a planner and like to have a game plan well in advance.

What do you do for your rest week? I know the rotation I mention above says yoga or stretching, but I am not sure I can actually be that restful for a whole week.

Let me know if you did more or less. Exercise really has a positive effect on my mood. When I don't do it, I feel a bit gloomy and I worry just yoga won't have the positive impact I need.

Thanks,
Susan

I do lots of Yoga, Abs and 3-4 cardio sessions during my rest weeks (Spinning, brisk walking or one of the easier Cathe cardios).

Stebby

I did 3 cardio works....Imax, Imax 2 and rhythmic step. I also did yoga one day. Would have done more cardio but it turned into a lazy week for me. I say do whatever as long as it doesn't involve weights.

What about Afterburn, Slide and Glide, and Cardio Supersets? These involve light weights, but for a cardio effect rather than muscle building...Are they too intense for my "rest" week?

I am SO GLAD I found this thread! My first ever recovery week was last week and I just about lost my mind! I did Yoga Relax and Yoga Max and some walking but that was it! I thought cardio was out too so I didn't do anything! Next time I'll know better! I had to laugh when I read that someone did "easy" Cathe workouts! Which ones are those...the Introdution part of the DVDs???? LOL!:eek:

Nanbo said:
I am SO GLAD I found this thread! My first ever recovery week was last week and I just about lost my mind! I did Yoga Relax and Yoga Max and some walking but that was it! I thought cardio was out too so I didn't do anything! Next time I'll know better! I had to laugh when I read that someone did "easy" Cathe workouts! Which ones are those...the Introdution part of the DVDs???? LOL!:eek:

I would have gone out of my mind too. That's why I was hoping someone would say cardio. I still am undecided on when to start, still thinking spring, but am gonna wait until after the Chicago road trip for sure!

I just started my first rest week after Meso 1. My week is planned as:

Mon-Kick Max
Tues-Afterburn
Wed-Turbo Barre
Thurs-Circuit Max
Fri-Kick, Punch and Crunch
Sun-Cycle Max

Meso 1 was so much fun, I can't wait to start the next phase! This all cardio week is a welcome break, as I don't remember ever going a whole week without weight lifting.

I did a long run, yogamax three days and a long walk. And a lot of snow shoveling. When I started back up, I got quite sore, so I know my muscles got the break they needed.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.