Weighted Vest?

lemoncustard

Cathlete
Due to a shoulder injury, I cannot use a loaded barbell for lower body. A squat rack would not help because I cannot hold the barbell on my shoulders. I am considering getting a weighted vest to use when doing legs. Probably up to 20 pounds. I would then hold 20 pound dumbells in each hand.

I would appreciate any insights or recommendations.

Thanks in advance.

Rhonda

www.ironwearfitness.com is having a sale right now, including weighted vests. They also have an 'undervest,' which you can combine with another vest to double the poundage (ie: a short vest goes to 20#, with the undervest, the total can be up to 40#; the long vest system goes up to somewhere around 72#).

I love Ironwear products. The weight is from flexible rubber bars, that don't rust like metal, don't risk leakage like sand, and can be used interchangeably between various products (weighted vests or ankle weights/belts).

Hi. Does anyone have any experience with the "v-max" weighted vests? It seems like it may be more comfortable around the chest area for women.

http://www.weightvest.com/Womenvests.html

For people who have experience with the ironwear vests - do they seem too constrictive around the chest area for women?

I have never used a weighted vest and don't really have room for a squat rack - so I am really considering a weighted vest.

Thanks,
Amy

I have the short Univest by Ironwear and it's very comfortable. I have a curvy figure and I haven't felt constricted in the least. I think it's one size fits all. It doesn't have side panels -- it's completely open on the sides -- and it has velcro straps so you can make it as tight as you want. It's quite roomy, yet you can pull the velcro straps tight enough so that it doesn't slide around.

ETA this is what I have:

http://www.ironwearfitness.com/20-lb-univest-short-professional-weighted-ve.html

ETA again that I called the 800# and the guy helped me choose the best vest for me.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.