"Is there anything I can do?"

hokypoky

Cathlete
You know how people say that when someone passes away? Well, my dad just suddenly passed away yesterday and yes, please, there's something you can do. I've searched and found somewhat similar questions, but I'm tired and was hoping someone could just make this decision for me.

I was supposed to finish Meso 1 with Disk 14 yesterday, and take my recovery week. I've been loving this program so much and have finally had a structured routine after a year of ups and downs, so I'm not wanting to give it up. And maybe it's not the time to think about working out, but I need something normal to look forward to. There've been so many hard decisions and I don't know why this is so pressing to me. I guess because I can always count on working out to keep me sane!

Option #1: Do I skip Disk 14, and take this recovery with little or no exercise? I had planned to do steady state cardio and yoga, but I'm not sure if I'll be up for it. Though I might go to spin on Friday - always lifts my spirits.

Option #2: Do I fit Disk 14 in sometime this week or next? Sort of within my recovery week?

#3: With family coming in from out of town next week (which would be like days 8-10 of a recovery week, if that makes sense) I don't know if I'll be able to start up Meso 2 until after my dad's service, which is February 5 in 10 days. Add a day or 2 after that for family visiting. Is that too long of a break between cycles? Should I repeat the last week of Meso 1 then?

Thank you, thank you for any direction you could give me. I've been a Cathe fan for years and these forums are just a wonderful extension of Cathe's knowledge and dedication.

I am so sorry for your loss. I think it would be fine to skip disc 14 this go around & take the week or two to fit in the yoga & whatever activity you feel up to. Take it a day at a time. You will know what's best at the time. Praying for you.

Thank you Laina. That is exactly what I needed. Direction from someone who understands STS and the importance of fitness. Thank you for taking a moment for me. Now I can put it out of my mind for now. :p

I am so sorry for your loss...:( I agree, skip #14 and take the week off. Maybe when its time to restart, do #14 and tack it onto Meso 3. I don't think you should feel guilty if you do happen to slip it in either. Its one of the best things you can do for yourself under times of stress. Please take care of yourself, your father would agree here too.

I am also very sorry for your loss. I dont have any advice on what workout to do. I know you will pick what makes you feel the best. Dont feel guilty for taking an hour out of your day to take your mind off your sorrow and put some good-feeling endorphins in your body. Take one day at a time. Good luck with everything.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.