STS Video Clips for Disc #3 Now Up!

SNM Videos

Administrator
STS Disc #3 Mesocycle #1 Week #1 (Back and Triceps) is the first Back and Triceps workout in the STS series and lays the ground work for the other weeks in this mesocycle. We have just added two video clips from this workout to YouTube.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xYhjeqbJ0MA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FYEjrh-_KKY

This is a muscle endurance workout (60% 1RM) and this is our first time showing you actual video clips of our patent pending Power Tower in use. In this first week for meso #1 (Back and Triceps) we will work with higher reps ( 15 reps or more per exercise). In later weeks and mesocycles we will build intensity and layer in more exercises and techniques.....let the soreness begin

Last edited:
Yippee-yi-yo!

Thanks -- I am so working to "get my mind right" for these workouts, not to mention my body!

SNM why are Cathe and some of the crew wearing weighted gloves? How do these factor into the 1RM caluculations? Does it give more of a challenge? Also how are they in terms of weight for your wrists? Thanks!

My guess is they are weight lifting gloves that protect your hands from callouses and painful tears when lifting heavy weights, especially pull ups. They also help with grip.

SNM why are Cathe and some of the crew wearing weighted gloves? How do these factor into the 1RM caluculations? Does it give more of a challenge? Also how are they in terms of weight for your wrists? Thanks!

A major reason why many exercisers always use the same weight year after year is that their dumbbells are in increments of 5 Lb’s and going to the next dumbbell weight would mean an increase of 20 % in weight for some exercises. That is too big of increase and would prohibit a person from ever being able to increase to a higher weight. However, if you could increase your weights in small increments over time your body would eventually grow stronger and you would be able to finally use your next set of dumbbells.

In STS we used weighted gloves that allow you to increase or decrease your weights in small increments. These gloves are really not designed for weightlifting as they don’t offer any protection for your palms, but they will work. In 2009 we will introduce a true weightlifting glove, called the Micro-Load Glove that will allow you to be able to quickly add and easily remove weights from your gloves.

Is it just me or was Cathe not using a weight on the double arm overhead triceps extension? She started out with a weight, but then it disappeared.

WOW!!!

My triceps are already screaming in anticipation!!! I can't wait!
thanks for teasing us...I mean sharing!!!
julie

Is it just me or was Cathe not using a weight on the double arm overhead triceps extension? She started out with a weight, but then it disappeared.

Sure enough in the second clip of disk 3 at 7:30-34 She isn't lifting anything? I can understand why from them lifting weights all day.. but if we can tell thats kinda strange. ha.

Yeah, I noticed that too. That is so weird that during editing they didn't catch that. I guess Cathe didn't want to get too tired or something. Oh well, I guess it may stay a mystery. That was odd though.

Dat vas an oopsa daisey....

said in my grandmother's best German accent...LOL:D.

:eek: Gosh, thanks for pointing that out KellBell and Toni. This is an old file and it somehow got mixed in with the current ones. Ok, let me fix that and get the current one up tomorrow. Good catch !!!

Your welcome Cathe. I thought maybe you started cramping up from all the hours of filming and decided to tape without the weight.

I, too, am soooo glad I preordered STS!!!

And I love the music!!! That rockin' beat during the chin-ups is so motivating (and I could definitely use some motivation while doing chin ups)!

Woo hoo!!!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.