sts upperbody

correct me if i'm wrong but it looks like the upper body is done one set for each body part in stead of the usual 3 sets of one body part. like in gymstle 3 sets of x for chest

laura

STS Sets

The number of upper body sets depends on the mesocycle and the week. In meso #1, for example, you will do 1 set of chest, then 1 set of shoulders and then 1 set of biceps. You will then repeat this pattern several times doing different exercises each time .

In meso #2 upper body (the Hypertrophy mesocycle) you will generally do 3 to 4 sets of the same exercise before moving on to the next exercise.

In meso #3 upper body (the strength mesocycle) you will use the push/pull method and will do 4 sets of every exercise utilizing the 5% method. Push/Pull is used in this mesocycle because you need at least 2 1/2 minutes rest between sets of the same muscle group when your goal is strength. By utilizing the Push/Pull method rest times between sets is greatly reduced.

is it possible to mix the mesos doing meso #2 first but using the same rep max as in meso #1? if i do 3 sets of anything i like to use light weight.

laura

is it possible to mix the mesos doing meso #2 first but using the same rep max as in meso #1? if i do 3 sets of anything i like to use light weight.

laura

As with any of our workouts, it is possible to modify the STS workouts and still have an effective workout. But the best way to get the maximum results from STS is to find your 1RM for the exercises and then do STS as is starting with disc #1 and going to disc #41. We have taken out all of the guess work by making all the necessary changes from week to week to ensure your ultimate progress and success. :)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.