STS Twice a week

Mishel

Cathlete
Hello All,

I was thinking of doing STS twice a week by dividing each Disc in two and doing something like this:

Sunday:Off
Monday: First 1/2 disc 1 and First 1/2 disc 2
Tuesday: First 1/2 disc 3, & a run
Wednesday: Run and ab circuits
Thursday 2end 1/2 disc 1 and 2end 1/2 disc 2
Friday: 2end 1/2 disc 3 and run
Saturday: off or cardio

What do you think? after all my reading on weight training and personal experience I have found that working out each muscle twice a week gives better results. But Im unsure if I should do that with STS or just leave it as it. Although working out just your back and biceps for 1 hour seems a bit much to do in one day. But I dont know.

Any advice would be appriciated. Thanks.

Hello All,

I was thinking of doing STS twice a week by dividing each Disc in two and doing something like this:

Sunday:Off
Monday: First 1/2 disc 1 and First 1/2 disc 2
Tuesday: First 1/2 disc 3, & a run
Wednesday: Run and ab circuits
Thursday 2end 1/2 disc 1 and 2end 1/2 disc 2
Friday: 2end 1/2 disc 3 and run
Saturday: off or cardio

What do you think? after all my reading on weight training and personal experience I have found that working out each muscle twice a week gives better results. But Im unsure if I should do that with STS or just leave it as it. Although working out just your back and biceps for 1 hour seems a bit much to do in one day. But I dont know.

Any advice would be appriciated. Thanks.

There is no consensus that working a body part twice a week is better than once a week. For you this may work best, but others may get the same or better results from just working each body part once per week and have a lot of extra free time for cardio or to just enjoy life's pleasures. We feel the best way to do the STS program is the way we have designed it.

Also, the intensity and volume of a workout has more to do with your results than the number of times per week you train. If you were to split the workouts in two I think your intensity level would be way too low and you would not be happy with your workouts. STS is based on some tried and true training methods that have stood the test of time for decades. Though we don't believe that there is only one "best" way to workout, we would suggest following the STS program the way it has been designed at least the first time and then consider any changes you might want to make to the program.

I LOVE SNM's response on this one. Plain and simple, Cathe and SNM have taken the GUESSWORK out of a rotation and all we have to do it plug in a DVD and DO IT! 1RM worksheets tell you exactly what weight to use. All we have to do is DO IT!!!!!

I did Disc 1 this morning to start my 3 month rotation, and it all fell into place....all the 1RM tests. All the waiting. All the science behind STS and all the NONenergy I had to put into making a rotation. It's all right there!

Thanks, SNM, for this response.

Gayle

There is no consensus that working a body part twice a week is better than once a week. For you this may work best, but others may get the same or better results from just working each body part once per week and have a lot of extra free time for cardio or to just enjoy life's pleasures. We feel the best way to do the STS program is the way we have designed it.

Also, the intensity and volume of a workout has more to do with your results than the number of times per week you train. If you were to split the workouts in two I think your intensity level would be way too low and you would not be happy with your workouts. STS is based on some tried and true training methods that have stood the test of time for decades. Though we don't believe that there is only one "best" way to workout, we would suggest following the STS program the way it has been designed at least the first time and then consider any changes you might want to make to the program.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.