STS Turbo Tower

poinciana

Hi,

Has Cathe discontinued the Tower? If so, where can I purchase one? I live in Ottawa, Canada and can't find anything like it here. Thanks in advance.

Did you try Walmart? Not sure if Walmart Canada carries the Altus products but I was able to find it at Walmart when Cathe looked like hers would be out of stock for awhile.

yep, just checked the walmart.ca site and they have it. Search on Altus and scroll down a bit. That should be more convenient anyway, not having to deal with shipping and customs from the states.

Thank you for your help. Found the Turbo Tower at Walmart.ca. Being delivered tomorrow.

I've been doing the Turbo barre with a chair and I'm looking forward to using the bar. Just loving this workout. What can I say, Cathe raises the bar. (No pun intended)

I'm finally starting the STS programme. Had the series for a year, nothing like procrastinating.

Cheers!

It has been a couple of months since the start of this thread but thought this would be a good place to ask if anybody found the Turbo Tower lately?

It seems to be out of stock everywhere. Is it being discontinued?

Thanks,
Dawn

I haven't been able to find it either, except for over $200 on sears website-too much! I hope it becomes available soon!

poinciana said:
Hi,

Has Cathe discontinued the Tower? If so, where can I purchase one? I live in Ottawa, Canada and can't find anything like it here. Thanks in advance.

I saw it at the Walmart in Barrhaven! Not sure if Its still there, but you never know.

Is Cathe no longer producing it at all? I am doing P90X right now and can't do pull ups at all....searching for a solution lead me here, and buying Cathe's would be great since I've already decided I'm going to do STS after this P90X round is over.

They have been discontinued. Seems the only place to get one is the Canadian Walmart website. But as far as I can tell they don't ship to the U.S. :(

Weider Pro 340L Weight Bench a Good Alternative!

Hi everyone, I haven't posted in a few weeks. I'm on Disc 33 of Mesocycle 3 and I really wanted to comment on this thread.

I couldn't find a Turbo Tower either and as I quickly realized, you really need a bench to get the most out of STS and to do the heavy barbell lifting exercises safely. I ended up buying the Weider Pro 340 L weight bench and I'm very happy with it. I think this is the next best thing to the tower Cathe uses because the bench and the part that supports the barbell are NOT attached. I found it when I checked the Sears website as a last resort and I was able to pick it up from my local Sears.

The good thing about this equipment is that it can support a load of up to 225# so you can move the bench out of the way, unload the plates from your bar, and do those modified pull ups and chin ups on it! The link below will give you an idea of what it looks like.

If you've been discouraged about not being able to get a Turbo Tower, check this out as a suitable alternative!

Pro 340 L Weight Bench- Weider-Fitness & Sports-Strength & Weight Training-Weight Benches

What I really want the tower for is modified pull-ups and chin-ups. The bands don't give me enough resistance and I'm not strong enough to pull my entire weight up on a doorway pull-up bar. I have been doing the doorway pull-ups with my feet on a chair, but the angle is not quite right and I end up working my forearms a lot.

What are others without the tower doing?

CathyV, what is the distance between the supports on that rack? I have a standard barbell and don't want to go to Olympic size. I know the Olympic bars are longer as we have a set-up in the basement.

I'm with you Meredith....I really want to figure something out here as I'm starting on Monday.

I may challenge my engineer husband and like-minded step-son to come up with something! :p

I purchases this weight bench. It has a bar across the top (for a heavy bag) that I can use for the bands. Also the safety spotters are low enough I can put the bar across and use for pull-ups and chin-ups

I got it from dicks sporting goods -- close out.

4257082085_07cfbfb3ed_n.jpg

Weider Pro 340L Weight Bench

The distance from the outer edge of one support to the other is 38" inches. This is important because your barbell grip area must be LONGER than 38" so that you can rest it safely and evenly on the supports. I hope you understand what I mean!!! The whole thing takes up 3' x 5 1/2' of floor space when not in use and the quality is very good for the price. This is a SOLID piece of equipment. I saw cheaper benches that looked quite flimsy by comparison. I LOVE that the bench is not connected to the supports. This is a fantastic alternative to those of us who haven't been able to get a Turbo Tower.

@Meredith As I said in my earlier post, you can use this bench for modified pull-ups and chin-ups.

Here's a link if you'd like to see what it looks like:

http://www.sears.com/weider-pro-340...edirect=true&sLevel=0&redirectType=SKIP_LEVEL

Last edited:
The distance from the outer edge of one support to the other is 38" inches. This is important because your barbell grip area must be LONGER than 38" so that you can rest it safely and evenly on the supports. I hope you understand what I mean!!!

As I said in my earlier post, this is a great alternative to the Turbo Tower because it allows you to do the modified pull-ups and chin-ups.

Here's a link if you'd like to see what it looks like:

Pro 340 L Weight Bench- Weider-Fitness & Sports-Strength & Weight Training-Weight Benches

Aha! I DO understand what you mean! I'll have to measure that distance when I get home - that will be the critical consideration.

Thank you so much for responding....you rock! :cool::D

FYI everyone...

I read on the forum that Cathe is working on redesigning the Turbo Tower (gosh darn it, where is that post??). I have a feeling the new tower will have a squat rack feature (don't take my word for it 100% though). IMO, if the new tower has that feature, it would be an excellent investment for those still without and willing to wait.

And for all the Canadian's out there, Walmart.ca still has them in stock :).

Good luck everyone!

Natasha

I purchases this weight bench. It has a bar across the top (for a heavy bag) that I can use for the bands. Also the safety spotters are low enough I can put the bar across and use for pull-ups and chin-ups

I got it from dicks sporting goods -- close out.

4257082085_07cfbfb3ed_n.jpg

Jann,

I LOVE YOUR ROOM!!! It totally rocks...and I'm super jealous ;)

Natasha

Hi Natasha! Yes, I saw that announement too that there are plans to re-design the Turbo Tower but I think they also said there's no idea how long it might take...:(.

So I really need to come up with something ASAP for my rotation - sounds like we're months away from a new Turbo Tower.

I love when people post pictures of their workout rooms! Inspiring - someday I will have a workout room of my own - I've already warned DD I have my eye on her room, LOL! :p

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.