STS Round 2 - re-do 1RM?

I've got one week left of STS, and I'm thinking of doing another round to kill time until XTrain comes out. My question is - I know my strength increased drastically since day 1. I'm doing 90% of my 1RM and could easily do 12 reps on a lot of the moves. Do I re-do the 1RM test before starting a second round? Do I keep the same weights? Or do I just bump everything up a little?

Stacy

Hey Stacy...since you are almost done with STS, I have a question for you...I am starting meso 3 this coming week..I've read over it a little bit, I know we are going to be lifting at 80%, but that's what we were doing at the end of meso 2..am I missing something?

I would re-do 1RM

Hi There,
I loved the definition I got w/ the first round of STS. I have the third meso cycle left and plan to go another round to get rid of the last bit of fat on top of the muscles.

I would defintately recommend you re-do the 1RM test. You are much stronger now that when the 1st round started. In order to keep seeing results, you'd definately need to keep challenging yourself.

I did P90X before and did not see nearly the results I am now w/ Cathe and I attribute that to the fact that P90X does not help you determine how heavy you should be lifting. In some cases, I was AMAZED at how heavy I am supposed to be going (45lbs dumbells on the narrow stance squat?!?).

Cathe says that if its not challenging/hard, its not doing you any good and you are wasting your time.;)
Good luck on round 2!

I am just about to finish M3 and plan to redo 1RM before I start an xtrain rotation. I want to see how much I've improved, it will help me get through meso 1 again :)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.