STS Pushups

princessbear

Cathlete
Question for SNM - I know there are tons of pushups in STS, but I just had my 3-month post shoulder surgery doctor visit - I told him my PT told me no pushups yet, but that I've been doing them on my on an incline using my step bench, on my knees with no problems. He said that is fine if it's not causing me any pain. My question is - will I still get the benefit of the chest work if I can't do a real pushup for at least the first Mesocycle?

Hi Mary! Glad to hear you are doing well post-op. Keep in mind anytime you are training around an injury or a delicate/recovering area post surgery you are not going to be able to give 100% to any exercise that involves that area. This is a time that you must repect your body's needs so that in turn you receive a 100% full recovery without any setbacks. It is at that point (full recovery) that you will be able to give your all to each and every exercise. Please don't rush the recovery process. It is critical and paramount. Good Luck!

Question for SNM - I know there are tons of pushups in STS, but I just had my 3-month post shoulder surgery doctor visit - I told him my PT told me no pushups yet, but that I've been doing them on my on an incline using my step bench, on my knees with no problems. He said that is fine if it's not causing me any pain. My question is - will I still get the benefit of the chest work if I can't do a real pushup for at least the first Mesocycle?

Thanks, Cathe, for replying. So I'm just going to adapt STS to fit my needs - which will mean pushups on incline on my knees - which my doctor said is okay. Something is better than nothing. I'm so looking forward to starting in mid to late February!:):)

You got it Mary! Keep me posted :)

Thanks, Cathe, for replying. So I'm just going to adapt STS to fit my needs - which will mean pushups on incline on my knees - which my doctor said is okay. Something is better than nothing. I'm so looking forward to starting in mid to late February!:):)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.