STS disc#19 Meso 2 Chest, Shoulders, Triceps YouTube clip

Cathe Friedrich

Administrator
To view clip go to: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UbYuvdKoTps

Hi Everyone! I hope you are enjoying your weekend. Here is another clip for you to enjoy! This clip is from Mesocycle Two, our Hypertrophy Phase, and we are doing Chest, Shoulders, and Triceps. This is the Mesocycle that ramps it to the next level. While the previous Mesocycle (Muscle Endurance) kept thing moving faster with lighter weight, less rest, and a lot of exercise variety, this Hypertrophy Phase will slow things down, reduce the reps, and introduce advanced techniques to stimulate maximum LEAN muscle growth. For instance, in week three of this Mesocycle you will be seeing us Double Wave Load for a portion of this workout. You may not be familiar with this method, but you will love what it does for your body. When you Double Wave Load you select a weight that is only seventy percent of your one rep max for your first set (in this case 12 reps). Then increase your weight by 5% for each of the next two sets (75% for 10 reps and then 80% for 8 reps). You will repeat this pattern twice for each exercise, thus, the name "Double Wave Load". This high intensity technique works because your muscle fibers become more highly activated and tricks your body into recruiting more muscle fibers than it traditionally would.

This clip will get right down to business and feature us in the heart of the program. It's a no-nonsense approach to weight training and we are working for it. Soon you will be too!!!! While there are one minute rests between all the sets in this workout (including the double wave loads), we don't show any to keep things rolling for you. If you would like to see how all the exercises are laid out check this out:

Warm Up
Flat Bench Warm Up Set

Flat Bench Press...Double Wave Load...12 reps
Flat Bench Press...Double Wave Load...10 reps
Flat Bench Press...Double Wave Load...8 reps
Flat Bench Press...Double Wave Load...12 reps
Flat Bench Press...Double Wave Load...10 reps
Flat Bench Press...Double Wave Load...8 reps

Chest Flys (flat Bench)...12 reps
Chest Flys (flat Bench)...10 reps
Chest Flys (flat Bench)...8 reps

Incline Bench Press...12 reps
Incline Bench Press...10 reps
Incline Bench Press...8 reps

Incline Chest Flys...12 reps
Incline Chest Flys...10 reps
Incline Chest Flys...8 reps

Seated Front Press...Double Wave Load...12 reps
Seated Front Press ...Double Wave Load...10 reps
Seated Front Press ...Double Wave Load...8 reps
Seated Front Press ...Double Wave Load...12 reps
Seated Front Press ...Double Wave Load...10 reps
Seated Front Press ...Double Wave Load...8 reps

Standing Lateral Raise...12 reps
Standing Lateral Raise...10 reps
Standing Lateral Raise...8 reps

Prone Incline Rear Flys...12 reps
Prone Incline Rear Flys ...10 reps
Prone Incline Rear Flys ...8 reps

Flat Bench Tricep Extension...Double Wave Load...12 reps
Flat Bench Tricep Extension ...Double Wave Load...10 reps
Flat Bench Tricep Extension ...Double Wave Load...8 reps
Flat Bench Tricep Extension ...Double Wave Load...12 reps
Flat Bench Tricep Extension ...Double Wave Load...10 reps
Flat Bench Tricep Extension ...Double Wave Load...8 reps

Cross Body Kickbacks...12 reps
Cross Body Kickbacks ...10 reps
Cross Body Kickbacks ...8 reps

Kickbacks Double Arm...12 reps
Kickbacks Double Arm ...10 reps
Kickbacks Double Arm ...8 reps

This looks hard and I can't wait! The guys were even sweatn' up a storm! I hope I can do all the incline work with only four risers...

This looks amazing! One question - is Cedie in any of the STS workouts? I don't recall seeing her in any of the clips you've posted?

Hypertrophy training is my absolute favorite weight technique. This video looks awesome. Cathe and Brenda seem stronger than ever. :cool:

My brain must just have to much info - I'll have to go back and look at the older clips to see her - Thanks.

It's also nice to see the power tower being used as a barbell rack!

Everytime I see another YouTube clip, I get even more anxious for STS to be on my door step! This is an amazing series, Cathe!

I'm saving my $ for a pull up bar/slanted risers and some heavier weights. These clips are so inspiring.
Colleen

Wow, this looks awesome, I can't wait. One Q - I don't have slanted risers, would that be required for some of the incline work? Am guessing yes?

Wow, this looks awesome, I can't wait. One Q - I don't have slanted risers, would that be required for some of the incline work? Am guessing yes?

HI Jolene... not Cathe but I have seen her use the incline position step with 3 risers on one side and 1 on the other with the bench to get an incline position before the slant risers came out (I can't remember which workout it is) so I don't think that it is by any means manditory to have. I just ordered a new Original gray step and the incline risers, but did it both ways just to try it... they both will work, the inclines are just a wee-bit more stable... :)

ETA: I don't have as many risers as Cathe does in her clips either, so for me, I would buy more flat risers (knowing the slant will work without the incline risers) before I would buy the inclines if I didn't already have them... I think my next purchase is just the High Step, as you can use the 16X16 risers for both that and the bench! ;)

HTH :)

Thanks for the tip - hopefully I can figure something out rather than buy something new. I will if I have to, but any alternative is awesome too!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.