STS disc#17 Meso 2 Legs YouTube clip

Cathe Friedrich

Administrator
To View YouTube clip go to: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aFXiaS8RlQ4

Hi Everyone! What you're about to watch is a Leg Workout from Mesocycle #2 Week Two. This particular program focuses on Trisets, a high intensity technique which recruits maximum muscle fibers. Are you ready...here we go!!!! After you warm up and stretch you are going to do three leg exercises back to back, then rest one minute, repeat all three of these exact leg exercises back to back again, then rest one minute, and finally repeat all three of these exact leg exercises for a final third time and then rest a minute. OMG...your LEGS ARE BURNING AND YOUR HEART RATE IS UP THERE.....Gotta love those one minute rests!!!!! But wait, you are not finished yet....you have only just begun (insert whip cracking noise). We still have two more triset groupings utilizing this exact format before we complete the workout (stop your whining...tee hee). In this clip, we will show you one set of each of the triset groupings (but remember there are actually three sets to these groupings), and we will only show a small portion of the one minute rest (since we can't go beyond 10 minutes for our You Tube clip). We figure you would rather watch us in action than watch us rest anyway, wink. Trust me, this workout calls for the happy dance when you are done!!!!!

Now I realize that 3 of this, 3 of that, 3 times, with 3 groups, can get hard to follow so I'm going to spell it out right here to make is so much easier to follow. Enjoy!!!!

Warm Up
Stretch

Triset Grouping One:

Narrow Stance Squats...10 reps
45 Degree Lunge (same leg) ...10 reps
One leg Sit N' Slide w/paper plate...10 reps

Rest one minute

Rest One Minute

Rest One Minute

Triset Grouping Two:

Static Lunge...10 Reps
Plie Squats Alternating Hand...10 Reps
One Leg Slide Back Lunges W/Paper Plates....10 Reps

Rest One Minute

Static Lunge...10 Reps

Rest One Minute

Static Lunge...10 Reps

Rest One Minute

Triset Grouping Three:

Squats Wide Stance...10 Reps
One Leg Elevated Lunges...10 Reps
Deadlifts Wide Stance...10 Reps

Rest One Minute

Rest One Minute

Rest One Minute

Closing stretch (and collapse ...LOL)

I really like the look of the paper-plate moves* : they look almost like play (though I know they are tough!).

I'm looking forward to doing alternating hand pliés with a kettlebell!

*Cathe : in the clip, you mention the paper plates moves are a good way to clean your floor. That's even more true if you use a rag or microfiber cleaning cloth instead of a paper plate on a wood floor!

Last edited:
Looks awesome, Cathe! Oh my goodness! Cannot wait for STS!!! The leg workouts, in particular, look absolutely fantastic!! Those alternating plie squats look killer, given the amount of time you're spent in the deep portion of the movement - and the wide stance quats and deadlifts look like they create that 'good kind of hurt.'

Thank you so much for posting this clip!!

What is the benefit of the 45 degree lunge as opposed to the standard straight-ahead lunge? Does it work one part of the leg more than the others?

Can't WAIT for STS!!!

What is the benefit of the 45 degree lunge as opposed to the standard straight-ahead lunge? Does it work one part of the leg more than the others?

Can't WAIT for STS!!!

Hi Angela! Anytime the legs are further apart the adductor muscles will fire a little more. But in addition to this it is always good to strengthen/condition the legs and support the integrity of the knee by doing lunges in a variety of different planes...front, back, side, angled.

I really like the look of the paper-plate moves* : they look almost like play (though I know they are tough!).

I'm looking forward to doing alternating hand pliés with a kettlebell!

*Cathe : in the clip, you mention the paper plates moves are a good way to clean your floor. That's even more true if you use a rag or microfiber cleaning cloth instead of a paper plate on a wood floor!

Kettlebells will be a perfect form of variation here if prefered. You can easily visualize it here since it already looks similar to the starting stance for a few kettlebell exercises. Enjoy!

Yes, I switched from plates to rags in my classes too. They slide very nicely...so paper plate, wash cloth, hand towel, its all good ....all depends on how dirty your floors are ;)

Looks awesome, Cathe! Oh my goodness! Cannot wait for STS!!! The leg workouts, in particular, look absolutely fantastic!! Those alternating plie squats look killer, given the amount of time you're spent in the deep portion of the movement - and the wide stance quats and deadlifts look like they create that 'good kind of hurt.'

Thank you so much for posting this clip!!

Yes, all the STS legs are high on the glute factor!

I can hardly wait. My legs (and butt, of course) are always resistant to definition and less jiggling. Can't wait to feel the burn, I'll have to think happy thoughts like bikini, bikini.

Keep smiling.;)

STS Disc #17 Meso 2 Legs

OMG!! I am just sooooo excited about STS. This is something that is definitely worth the wait. Cathe has done such an awesome, terrific, wonderful, etc. etc. job in this workout. I just turned 50 and feel great but I am certain that with STS my body is going to feel and look great - 50s here I come!!

Cathe, thank you, thank you and thank you. Thanks for sharing the clips and well, just offering the world the knowledge, experience and passion you have for fitness - you're great.

Margarita

looks awesome, can't wait to feel the pain, I mean burn ;-) I've been thoroughly enjoying butts and guts and now I'm even more thankful - it will help me get my legs in pseudo-shape for STS!!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.