STS clips

michefit

Cathlete
Hi Everyone,
I am new to the forums and this is my first post. I have been following the forums and have enjoyed everyone's comments and conversation. I just previewed the you tube clips and I think the series looks absolutely stunning and very motivating. Cathe has got me into great shape and I can't wait for her to push me to the next level. I will be ordering before the 18th! Best of luck to everyone with this exciting new series.

Hi Michefit! Thanks so much for joining us "in print" today. Nice to hear from you. We're so happy the clips have motivated you to get even more fit. Looking forward to hearing about your results in the future.

Hi Cathe,
What a bonus to get my first reply from YOU. I am super excited - I preordered on the 17th! I love having workouts to look forward to - thanks for your superb hardwork on this series!

michefit, this was my first presale order. I've got many other Cathe DVDs, but hadn't pre-ordered before. It's exciting to see the progress and the clips are awesome!

Join in more often. :)

April

Hi Cheval,
Nice to meet you on-line - this is actually my first time in an on-line forum - so I will be having technical difficulties at some point I am sure. I preordered the 4-day split as well and really love those workouts. I have yet to check out the 1RM test area - but is on my to-do list. I don't have any of the heavier equipment optional for mesocycle 3 - but the series looks challenging enough from the clips of mesocycle 1 that results should happen without all the equipment (I hope). Thanks for your reply.

You're doing pretty well so far in the forums! I spend too much time. I have 3 forums I keep up with on a daily basis. Should be my job! LOL.

I don't have a squat rack or anything, but I do have a 20# weight belt I can use to add weight to my barbell. It's actually just 2 10# ankle weights strapped together to make a belt. Works pretty well for me to heavy up. I got the ankle weights for $20 from Walmart. I'm eying Cathe's new vest, too. :) I think I might like to jog with the one from Cathe.

I love 4DS! That was my first real weight workout. I'd been doing some of Cathe's circuit workouts with light weights. I bought 4DS in November for the step (I was desperate, I'm a Cathe step junkie) and ended up loving the weight portion, too. I wasn't even thinking of getting STS until I found out how much I liked 4DS. And then, pop, I had to do it! LOL.

April

I would really like to get the weight vest and the squat rack - (not for a while since the BIG STS puchase) I am at a point where I can squat 55 pounds with the barbell - but some mornings I dread lifting it over my head. I am also shorter (5'1) and afraid to build to much bulk in the legs. It is really hard to get the legs lean - I often refer to them as the "stove-pipe" legs. A 20 pound belt sounds like a good alternative to a weighted vest. I should try that! I am so excited about being on-line I don't know why I waited so long...but I am a teacher and school starts soon...but I do love to unwind and read the forums at night - so I hope I can keep up.:cool: It has been really motivating reading everyone's workout challenges and ideas. What time of day do you typically workout?

Keeping up with the forums can be a challenge. I skim the topics for things I'm interested in. I can't read every post or I'd be here all the time! :D

I mostly workout after work. I get off at 4 PM, usually, so I can get home and get a workout in before getting dinner on. Lately, though, I've been working out mid-afternoon since I'm home on medical leave from a broken ankle and thumb. I'll be going back to work on Sept 1, so I'll be back to the usual grind before I know it :eek:.

How about you? When do you find time to workout?

April

It takes dedication to keep working out with injuries. You must be using some creative modifications. Have you been able to do cardio and upper body weights with your injuries?
I usually workout in the morning - about 5:30 in to be done and showered before the children wake up. I love getting it out of the way - by afternoon I am to tired from the day - or I struggle with motivation at that time of day. In the morning I just get the body moving before my mind has chance to protest. This morning I did BM2 power circuits, 4-DS chest and back and ME abs. Tomorrow I hope to go running. Lately I been spoiled by an afternoon nap with my 2 year old - I going to miss those soon!
Will your injuries be healed by Sept.1? When do we need to switch to another forum - if we are getting off topic?

Hats off to you working out so early in the am. I'm way too uncoordinated when I just wake up, so to avoid unnecessary injury, I work out in the afternoon.

I've only been doing leg workouts 3 times a week. No cardio or upper body. Going to have to wait for those until I'm much better. But I do weighted work to keep my upper leg and entire good leg strong. I won't be completely well when I return to work, but I have a desk job, so it's doable.

You're right, we're way off topic now! LOL.

April

At 5 am - there is some tripping going on- I won't deny it!
Thanks for the friendly welcome - I guess we'll have to meet in another forum again soon...wishing you a speedy recovery Cheval!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.