STS CHECK IN ....DISC 4

Cathe Friedrich

Administrator
Hi Everyone! (note to self)....I HAVE to remember to start these theads first thing in the morning so that you can begin posting earlier.

I just finished up the workout. I have to get the boys homework and baths finished up before I can get back online. I hope you had a great workout, mine was awesome. Holy moly, the bicep work with the band was OVER-THE-TOP :eek:

Bbl tonight....

Last edited:
Hi Cathe,

I did disc 4 today also, well most of it. I got up late so between getting my workout in and DD ready for school I got about 3 quarters of it in.

And yes the band bicep worker was pure evil.:p

Jenn

This workout was G-R-E-A-T!! My shoulders are talking to me, I could not do another pushup if my life depended on it, and my biceps worked it!! Yes, that band work with the barbell was fun :p

Hi Cathe. Remember the outer body experience from PUB biceps? Let's just say I had a flashback during the Standing Barbell Front Presses 21's...ouch. :D I've been really nice to you during these killer workouts up to that point. I can't quite remember what I said to you but it wasn't pretty...lol. :D I had to pause for a few more seconds before continuing on with the last exercise which was BB curls 21's. I laid on the floor for about 10 minutes afterwards with my arms stretched out they were pulsating!! :eek: You had me working hard today!

My note to self today..I should NOT try to pick up my dog after doing STS upper body. :p

See you on Wednesday..I hope!

Last edited:
Cathe, I did EVERY LAST ONE of those push-ups from my toes today, EVERY ONE!!! And I have you to thank for that, I have never been in better shape in my life, and it's only going to get better!

By the way, I've never done more than 20 consecutive push-ups from my toes. I feel like SuperWoman!

Cathe, I did EVERY LAST ONE of those push-ups from my toes today, EVERY ONE!!! And I have you to thank for that, I have never been in better shape in my life, and it's only going to get better!

By the way, I've never done more than 20 consecutive push-ups from my toes. I feel like SuperWoman!

Katie..that's awesome! :)

Loved the workout,

I got started with the bow and arrow band work...ha ha ha...mockingly laughing at the move..until set 3 showed up...ow. Humbled:confused:

Enjoyed the pushups with the ball under the hips...liked the shins, was swearing by the feet, and giggled at my attempt at toes. DH wondered what fell...Um, me?

Overall, great stuff, still have Doms from legs, and Lowmax tomorrow! Yikes.

I finished up Disc 4 about 45 minutes ago. It was another tough one! Oh, the push-ups. They were tough. I did the first 14 on my toes. The set of 12 were done mixed toes and knees. At this point, my DD asks why I am not doing REAL push-ups:mad:. I finished the drop sets on my knees...barely.

I can already feel the back of my shoulders. Probably from the band bow-and-arrows. Those were deceptively tough! I liked your mean little "Cathe giggle" during the pulse-15. I DEFINITELY wanted to rest between the sets!

Thank you Cathe for the tip on grabbing the band from the side so the fingernails don't go through the band. I never could figure that out:eek:.

I finished up the push-up 21's with my hands on the steps so that my body was at about a 45 degree angle. I may try that for the boot camp push ups next time.

I also did Yoga Abs after Disc 4 (per the Cardio rotation). I really enjoyed this workout. My abs are still sore from weights and plates on Saturday so it was nice to do a little easier (ha-ha!!).

I can't wait to hear how everyone else did.

Carrie

Will extended breaks between exercises minimize my endurance gains?

Another great workout! I need to take extended breaks, usually after the push-ups, all on my toes :), Just wondering if I will get the same endurance gains if my breaks are twice as long on some exercises. I know that if I don't take that extended break to allow my heart rate to come down some, I will not make it through the next exercise, or I will get lightheaded and nauseous.

KATIE , WOW , I'm impressed and a teeny bit jealous.:p
I did the pushups but NOT ALL ON MY TOES !!!

I did disc 4 this morning, with the extended stretch and abs with weights & plates and then added on a 30 min. itread TM walk.
I will be out of town all day tomorrow so I did tomorrow's workout today.

The biceps with the bb and band was a killer, as was the front press(?) for shoulders......I almost didn't eek out the last 2 reps on that one !:eek:
I LOVED the bow & arrow with the band !!! That was like firewalkers for the arms !!!:eek:

I wasn't prepared for some reason this morning, so it was a rough start. I just forgot to print out a workout card and didn't have my weights lined up ahead of time, and that made a big difference, but I finally got it all together and really enjoyed the workout !

Cathe, I saw you said you are taking sublingual melatonin for sleep........I have suffered with insomnia for years and am interested in trying it. Could you tell me what dose I should start out with ? Any suggestions on brands ? THANKS for any help. I've tried everything and wake up most mornings between 2 and 3 no matter what , and am lucky to get 4 or 5 hours of sleep !!! :(

Becky

Hi Cathe,

I did STS Disc 4, Chest, Shoulders & Biceps. Oh man, this killed me moving up to 65% of my 1RM. This one seemed to go a little slower or at least it felt a little slower. Ok, first off OMG~ on the pushups, I mean those seemed to be never ending, and mean.:p Just kidding. I can't do pushups on my toes so I have to do them on my knees. One day I'll be able to do them on my toes just not sure when that will happen. I noticed that the wt. I used for functional Overhead Press (Rt & Lft) then front raise was fine for the overhead press part but not so much for the front raise. Can we switch to a lighter wt on the front raises? Just asking because what I use for the Overhead press is a little to heavy to do the reps for front raises, is that normal?

The barbell curls with band were really tough. I think I'll have to lighten up by 5lbs on that next time. I could do them but only 10 of the 15 reps, and form by that point was ugly.

The seated overhead press was tough. I did try to use the 65% 1RM wt, but noticed it seemed a little too heavy for me. Is that bad that the 65% 1 RM seems to heavy? Am I already failing in achieving that? I guess I'm a bit disappointed that some of these ones seem to be a genuine struggle to finish in terms of rep or the higher wt. selection. I'm sure its just me and everyone else is doing just fine with the increase.

Staggered pushups felt great in my arms and were a good challenge. I liked those.

The seated Lateral Raise both arms high ends were tough. The first few easy, but as the reps went on it became harder to do. The band work always looks deceptively easy but really gets a great muscle burn and kicks your butt.

Ok, Core Pushups Bootcamp style- I could do these from my toes so I skipped them, plus my wrists really hurt after all the other stuff.

Barbell curls Narrow Grip- Were tough and found the wt. I was supposed to and did use a little to heavy to do all the reps with good form. I could only do 16 reps of these.

Overall I did get a great workout and enjoyed it. I just tend to beat myself up if I can't measure up to the % I was meant to perform the exercises with wts at.

Oh well, the important thing to remember is to hang tough and try your best. I did, but I am looking forward to doing better.

Hugs!

Nora

My 7 yo has been sick the last couple days, so I've had to move STS to Tues., Thurs., Sat. this week. So, I get to do this one tomorrow. Crossing my fingers I can get up and workout and get my day off to it's normal start!

disc 4 DONE!

Yeah! did disc 4 tonite! Wow... as if doing all those drop set pushup's was not enough the first time around, I did them again! I am still modifying these SO much!

Yeah Katie! that's so great you can do all those on your toes!!!

I'm finding that it is easier for me to do bicept curls with dumbbells rather than a BB due to some wrist and elbow issues, but those are doing great things for my arms!

those bow and arrows are killer! look harmless enough at first and you start with the 4 reps on the first side thinking "hey, these aren't that bad at all!" HA! then she get's you with 3 sets of 15! And after you do one side, you must do it to the other side, but you already know whats comming! :eek:

I'm still not feeling much in my chest with the flies... What could I be doing wrong... I am trying to retract my shoulders and make sure I'm lifting from my shoulders and chest and not my arms... still nothing... Maybe a suggestion for CatheTV?! :confused:

Also did the medicine ball abs! Yowza! wil be feeling that tomorrow as well! :)

feel a nice burn in the shoulders so STS must be doing something right!

bring it on!

Yes SUPERWOMAN!:p Awsome! now I have 2 people to :p you
and Cathe LOL.

meezAnimatedBodyshot175x233pushu-1.gif

I'm back to report in!

Hi Five Everyone! How are you feeling after doing chest, shoulders, and biceps a second time around? I for one, was much better prepared for it this week. Not only in knowing what was coming my way but also in the pacing of the program. The new exercises provided quite a challenge. The biggest "new exercise" standout this week was definitely barbell bicep curls WITH THE BAND. Seriously, that was hard!!! I went much slower and by rep 9, I wasn't quite sure I was going to finish. But I got to the finish line slowly but surely.

Another hard one was the front presses. How about the 21's Front Press? Pure "Yowsa" at its best.

How did you do with the drop set push ups? That started off ok and then for the last 8 and 6 reps I was completely on fire for chest.....a great feeling though. It was definitely chest bump worthy :D

Overall I liked that the time still flew by, the exercises were paced and spaced nicely, the mix of old and new exercises blended together perfectly, and that my biceps are still attached to me, lol. Yes attached today and talking to me tomorrow. Too bad their bark isn't worse than their bite :p

Okay, off to read how you did.....

Hi Jenn! I have had days like that but at least you got those barbell w/band curls in. They make up for all missed :eek:

Hi Cathe,

I did disc 4 today also, well most of it. I got up late so between getting my workout in and DD ready for school I got about 3 quarters of it in.

And yes the band bicep worker was pure evil.:p

Jenn

Hi Chastity! I can so see you sprawled out on your floor....ahh, I'm glad you did, you earned that for sure! ;)

Hi Cathe. Remember the outer body experience from PUB biceps? Let's just say I had a flashback during the Standing Barbell Front Presses 21's...ouch. :D I've been really nice to you during these killer workouts up to that point. I can't quite remember what I said to you but it wasn't pretty...lol. :D I had to pause for a few more seconds before continuing on with the last exercise which was BB curls 21's. I laid on the floor for about 10 minutes afterwards with my arms stretched out they were pulsating!! :eek: You had me working hard today!

My note to self today..I should NOT try to pick up my dog after doing STS upper body. :p

See you on Wednesday..I hope!

THAT IS SOOOO GREAT KATIE!!!!!!!!! I'M EXCITED FOR YOU. THAT IS A SUPER SIZED ACCOMPLISHMENT. :D:D:D

Go Katie...Go Katie...Go Katie...;)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.