Storage size for Power Tower

MarieCLS

Cathlete
Hi Chris/Cathe,

I was just looking at the blog pics of the Power Tower and was wondering if you have a rough idea on how much storage space it would require when dissembled? I posted previously about a pull-up alternative but was thinking after a while that the bar would actually be less hassle if I can fit it.

I apologize for any inconvenience.

Thank you,
Marie

It really doesn't require a lot of space. In less than a minute you can break it down to a size that will easily fit under a bed.

Do they know yet, if the Power Tower will be available when STS is released? Will it be helpful with all the meso cycles?

Jean

I know they use it for bench presses as well as "pullups"... I'm hoping I can use it as a squat rack so I can squat a bit heavier than lifting the bar over my head to position it on my back will allow!!

I know they use it for bench presses as well as "pullups"... I'm hoping I can use it as a squat rack so I can squat a bit heavier than lifting the bar over my head to position it on my back will allow!!

I believe at one point SNM stated that the Power Tower is not built to be used as a squat rack. That may have changed as development has progressed, of course.

Oh, bummer! I kind of thought I would be able to use it as a squat rack. That's understandable, though.

Still looking forward to buying the Power Tower!

My crazy thinking has me telling myself that even if you can't put the bar up high enough to qualify as a "squat rack" - I would probably squat under it and stand up and walk it out.... just to save my shoulders. Am I insane?

I was thinking that before also but there might be a problem if you want to take the barbell off your shoulders and have a hard time reaching the rack to put it back.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.