So many exercises called the same

janiejoey

Cathlete
When my husband and I try to do our 1RM (there are eight pages I copied of various STS exercises), When I try to plug in the exercises in the Workout Manager place there are so many exercises in there that are called the same thing. Hope I'm making since.

Example: Squats and many others...

How do you know which one is which?

If you can't tell which exercise is which, then should we wait to do are 1RM at a later date? Will this glitch be fixed in time for STS when it comes out?

Should we wait for the new Beta 2.0 to come out?

Janie
4760884_bodyshot_175x233.gif

Last edited:
Janie - I'm not seeing any repeats. Are you looking at the document that SNM just posted with the list of 1 RM exercises? I believe that is the latest version. I'm not sure if the ones online are listed the same as in this document. Here's the link to it. This will take you to SNM's post and you want to click on the second hyperlink which is the actual PDF with the pictures and the names of each exercise. I think the new software will reflect this.

http://www.thecathenation.com/forum/showthread.php?t=256297

This is not "So Easy A Caveman Can Do It". I hope I never here that phrase again, because it makes me feel really dumb when I don't understand.

As you can see, I'm very frustrated.

Let me try again to express my problem.

When my husband and I try to find our 1RM, following the One Rep Max Chart that I downloaded, we can't find the corresponding numbers to fit the exercises with the 1RM calculator page. In the calculator page when you pull up a particular muscle group and find the exercises, then you see them in alphabetical order, but you don't see the number corresponding to the exercises in the One Rep Max Chart. I need to find the number because there are for an example, many squat exercises. How do you know which one to pick without the number beside it?

If I can't get this across to anyone, then I give up, I'll just do the STS series with what I think I can lift, but that is not what I had in mind.

Thank you Nan and Liann for trying to help.

Janie

Last edited:
Hi Janie,

Have you tried clicking on the words "more details about this exercise...."? They are written right under select or enter exercise and above the exercise box. The exercise number among other things is listed and you could compare it against the download 1RM testing sheet.

HTH,

jordan

ETA: Before the words "more details about this exercise.." show up in step 1, you have to select the STS exercise option
then- the disc
then- the actual exercise

Janie - it took me some looking but I see what you are talking about. As I've been doing my testing - just started today - I go off the 8 printed pages. Then when I enter results I've just been selecting the STS disc # and finding the exercise that way. But yes, when I just looked at (ALL) the exercises listed alphabetically I did see what you were talking about. I'm just choosing not to worry about it at this point, continue w/ my testing. I'm writing my results on the print-out then entering them later. I figure that way, if stuff gets lost in the transition, I've got my copy. In all these years Cathe hasn't let me down yet so I'll just hope for the best. But when that Beta 2.0 gets going that'll be awesome! Good luck and sorry about your frustration! :)

Hi,

You are right- it's a glitch in the workout manager's 1RM calculator. SNM Videos said that it is a problem that would be solved in the Beta 2.0. frustrating, I know. I did the same thing and had the same question.

Jordon, That's exactly what I needed to know. Thank you so much. Now I can get the correct exercises and try to finish the eight pages of the 1RM testing sheets.

arwenlong, jcm, and spyrosmom, thank you also for responding to my frustrations. You are the greatest.

Now I know "It's so easy a caveman can do it".

Thanks a bunch everyone,

Janie

Janey, I had trouble too. I worked on a bunch of mine the other day but wasn't hit the save button. Duh. Luckily I didn't get to far and I could remember the weight and reps to repost them. Be glad we're not cavemen. They are extinct.

Jean

I am just finishing up my 1 rep max tests but I think I'll wait until they download the next WM version before I enter my data.

JJ

I am just finishing up my 1 rep max tests but I think I'll wait until they download the next WM version before I enter my data.

JJ

As of today I'm 1/3 the way through, and I'm definitely waiting for the new version to enter mine. I know that I have them all written down on the PDF listing, but I'm still waiting -- just in case.

Has anyone heard when the new one should be up? Obviously they have a lot going on. Just wondering if we're talking 6 weeks or 6 months? Even a general time-frame would be great.

Jordon, That's exactly what I needed to know. Thank you so much. Now I can get the correct exercises and try to finish the eight pages of the 1RM testing sheets.

arwenlong, jcm, and spyrosmom, thank you also for responding to my frustrations. You are the greatest.

Now I know "It's so easy a caveman can do it".

Thanks a bunch everyone,

Janie

Hi Janie,

I'm so happy that I could help. I need to start in putting my information at some point.

:),

jordan

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.