Sliding Plates

laurabehney

Hi there - Sorry if this has been posted (I searched, but gave up). Where can I purchase the sliding plates that Cathe uses in STS? I tried paper plates, but with all the slipping and sliding, I will go through those in no time.

I didn't see them in Shop Cathe either.

Thanks!

You might try a melamine plate (from walmart or target), or ValSlides (target carries these occasionally in the sporting goods section), or gliding discs, or the movers' buddy (discs that are almost exactly like ValSlides). I'd say the two least-expensive options are the melamine plates or the movers' buddy things (you can find these at WalMart or Lowe's or other store with a home section in it).

I don't know anything about this company but this does have pictures of some of the furniture slides available (you might also check with Staples)...

http://www.ezmoves.com/ The size / shape of these movers are almost identical to the Val Slides. Check your office stores and home improvement stores / sections of stores.

Target also carries ValSlides in the sporting goods section on occasion and they look at lot like the furniture movers and come w/a DVD of 3 workouts.

While Christmas shopping in Target, I ran across carpet slides for kids. At first, I thought, "oh, that would be an accident waiting to happen if I got them for my kids."

Then, it occured to me that these would work for Cathe's workout. These are made of a flat plastic bottom and then are velcro straps across the shoe (very much like a sandel) to strap over your foot or sneaker.

I haven't tried them, yet. I do think these will work on carpet.

The kids thought I left out a Christmas gift. They were whisopering about it. Then my husband said, "oh, you guys those are for mommys workout.":eek:

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.