question for runners re: STS

jcm

Cathlete
For you runners out there, how would/will you use STS with your running program? I'm so used to focusing on my running - speed, miles per week... - I've never spent this much time with weights. Obviously if I purchase this I'll have to cut back significantly on my mileage goals (I just had a baby and am getting back into it). Five days/week is the max I can give. Have you cut running miles significantly before to focus on weights and had good results? It's partly a mental hurdle I have to overcome. If you do STS will you reduce your runs and running goals?

I personally will reduce my running. I average 3x/week, 3-5 miles/day. I'll probably lighten up on milage, not on days. I'll go by what my body tells me.

fit in the runs when I can

I'm hoping that STS will arrive by November at the latest...I want to run in a marathon in May and would like to go through the program by the time I need to start pumping up the mileage again. If the STS workout is short...I may (not sure about this) tack on a quick 15-20 minute run 1-2 days per wk and add 2 other longer runs in on the other days...depending on the weather and if my boys are around (don't use the treadmill with them in the room...their too busy-too risky!)
how this will work, remains to be seen!
julie :D

I did P90X with running and would run 3-4 miles 2x a week and then a longer run (6-7 miles) once a week. Then I would do weights 3 times a week - sometimes lightening up on the leg workout.

That worked really well for me. Not sure how much mileage you are running and what you would cut back to. Everything is relative. :)

My plan for STS is to do the same - make sure I get the upper body workouts in along with 3X running each week. Do the leg workout if I can (or shorten if needed).

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.