Question re 6-Month STS Rotation

jillybean

Cathlete
Cathe (or SNM):

Hello! I've decided to do STS as a 6-month rotation. I have two questions:

For a six month STS rotation, would you recommend doing ALL of Mesocycle 1, then going back and doing all of Mesocycle 1 again, or do you suggest doing Mesocycle 1, week 1 for 2 weeks, then Mesocycle 1, week 2 for 2 weeks, etc.

Also, do you recommend taking a rest week after 4 weeks of training, or would you suggest doing 8 weeks and then taking a week off?

The end of 2008 saw me gain some weight and lose some fitness (GRRRRR!) so I want 2009 to be my fittest year ever, and I figure STS is just the ticket!!

Thanks so much!!!

STS Twice?

Either way is fine and both have their advantages. Doing each workout twice let’s you get more familiar with each workout so you can correct any problems the second week and really give it your all. Doing each workout only once helps to prevent metal fatigue and maximizes muscle confusion.

Hi Jillybean :)

You are not alone in your 2008 closure...I'm right there with you AND yes, you're on...let's make this our fittest year ever!!!!

For your 6 month rotation I suggest doing Mesocycle 1, week 1 for 2 weeks, then Mesocycle 1, week 2 for 2 weeks, etc. Also, take a rest after 8 weeks when you have completed that Mesocycle. Of course if you feel unexpected fatigue, or suffer unexpected colds or schedule interruptions take off accordingly but if not, go the 8 weeks.

Good luck and remember....we're in this together ;)

Cathe (or SNM):

Hello! I've decided to do STS as a 6-month rotation. I have two questions:

For a six month STS rotation, would you recommend doing ALL of Mesocycle 1, then going back and doing all of Mesocycle 1 again, or do you suggest doing Mesocycle 1, week 1 for 2 weeks, then Mesocycle 1, week 2 for 2 weeks, etc.

Also, do you recommend taking a rest week after 4 weeks of training, or would you suggest doing 8 weeks and then taking a week off?

The end of 2008 saw me gain some weight and lose some fitness (GRRRRR!) so I want 2009 to be my fittest year ever, and I figure STS is just the ticket!!

Thanks so much!!!

Thanks so much, Cathe. Your closing line ("we're in this together!") is so cute!

Thank you for your input and feedback. I will heed your advice, try to eat far better than I have been, and get ready to "work, work!"

Six Month Rotation

Hi Jillybean

I think I will also do STS as a six month rotation. I like the idea of doing mesocycle week 1 over two weeks. I thinks its good to make sure I get my form down correctly.

At the end of STS I'm hoping I look something like you in 'Sculpt Sweatfest.'

Heres to 2009.

Laura

Cool!

I had not even considered doing this (I'm so uncreative!) but I love the idea of it so I'm going to do it this way as well.

Thanks for posting your question so I can learn from it too:)

Cassie

Thanks Cathe! I'm going to integrate the 6 month plan with my marathon training, I think I'll have better results with fewer injuries (I hope)
Also, Cassie-love the image...the Incredibles are HUGE in our house and I'm a superhuge fan of Elastigirl...I'd love to be able to reach like that!
julie

Wow, a marathon and STS!

Hi Julie,

I'm impressed you're taking both of these on! I'm training for a 10K and was impressing myself until now:)

I LOVE the Incredibles! I got the nickname "Elastigirl" not because I'm so physically flexible but because I'm a sort of "go with the flow" kind of girl...at least in some areas of my life!

When is the marathon?

Cassie

helps to prevent metal fatigue

I had to laugh. Is STS so tough that even my dumbells will be crying for a rest? :D

Anyway, I have a legitimate question for Cathe:

When we repeat each week, do we increase our weights by 5% each time? Or do we do that every second week, when we move on to the next 3 workouts?

Thanks!
Sandra

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.