Question for after STS

This may be a silly question but I had to ask.
STS is a 3 month program. After you make it through STS then what????
Do you start over or just pick workout DVDs at random?
Sorry.......does anyone know.

I remember a thread about this quite a while ago. I kind of remember hearing it would be good idea to take a break before repeating it. But you can definitely just use the workouts separately after you complete the 3 month system and create your own rotations with them. Part of the appeal for me to buy this was the idea of getting so many new workouts.

If you prefer to make this last longer, you can do this as a 6 month rotation, just the other day on the Ask Cathe board, Cathe posted that she prefers this as a 6 month rotation, but knew for many the idea of 6 months is just too much. Here's the thread where that is mentioned:
http://www.thecathenation.com/forum/showthread.php?t=256381

I will be doing it for the 3 month rotation, then figure it out from there.

I'm sure as the first round of people complete STS, people will start posting their continuation plans and rotations in a few months from now.

Hope this helps!

I'm doing a 9-month experiment on, well, me! LOL I started in Oct with a trainer to get my 1RM's at a level to work STS to full potential. As soon as it comes I will stop with my PT (I've told her all about STS and she knows my plan) and do a full STS rotation. Then, I'll return to the PT for another 3 mos and see if my strength has increased, bf% decreased, and see overall where I am. So I'm my own gunea pig. This is kind of fun.

L Sass
I wished I had the forsight to have done something like that. That is a great idea to work the full potential of the program, I think anyway...:D
Rachel

I think I like the idea of making STS a 6 month program. I've just begun training for a marathon in May and I was nervous about the Mesocycle #3 just prior to the marathon as I believe that it would be too intense. So if I'm understanding correctly, I'd just repeat each week or do the whole month and then repeat it again. What's so nice about the program as I understand it, is that the boredom factor should be low as each dvd is different!
julie

I think I like the idea of making STS a 6 month program. I've just begun training for a marathon in May and I was nervous about the Mesocycle #3 just prior to the marathon as I believe that it would be too intense. So if I'm understanding correctly, I'd just repeat each week or do the whole month and then repeat it again. What's so nice about the program as I understand it, is that the boredom factor should be low as each dvd is different!
julie

I just reread Cathe's post, and she said "I think you would actually do great on the 6 month plan by doing each of the weekly DVD's for two weeks in a row instead of just for one week. That's actually how I prefer it but I know the sound of 6 months sounds way too long for many."
http://www.thecathenation.com/forum/...d.php?t=256381

So the way I read this is, for example for the first 4 weeks:
week 1 - disc 1, 2, and 3
week 2 - disc 1, 2, and 3
week 3 - disc 4, 5, and 6
week 4 - disc 4, 5, and 6
and so on...

This way makes sense to me, as the program bumps up your weights each week to build on the prior week, to make you stronger by the end of the cycle before moving on to the next cycle.

Hope this makes sense.

Last edited:

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.