Pace Weights or 1lb weight gloves

hrcfitness

Cathlete
Hi All & maybe Cathe,
I am trying to figure out if I should get the Pace Weights or just do the 1lb weight gloves for STS? And if by chance Cathe has a chance to answer this can you tell me when you use the weight gloves in STS? Should I consider having both or is one or the other good enough? I want to be prepared with all of my equipment when STS arrives. Thanks so much for the help!:D

Hi All & maybe Cathe,
I am trying to figure out if I should get the Pace Weights or just do the 1lb weight gloves for STS?

JMO: I'd think the Pace Weights would be more usable: you can put them on dumbells or a barbell plate (as long as it's metal). The gloves would work well for some things (mainly dumbell moves), but I'm not sure about some barbell moves, where it might be better to add weight to the plates rather than to the hands. Also, there's more flexibility in how much you are adding with the Pace Weights (especially if the gloves are just 1#, as you say).

When I started lifting with Cathe, I had some 2 lb wrist weights that I used to try to increase the dumbbell weight when needed. Let me tell you it got pretty old taking them off, putting them on, having them slide up my arm, finding that I still couldn't get the weight I wanted. I never used them with the barbell because of the pain in the butt factor.

I cringed at the cost of the pace weights but one month I finally bought them. The best purchase I've ever made! It's nice to increase by .5 lb to up to 4.5 lbs. I bought the 18 ct set, no case because I have a little stand with a drawer right where I work out where I store them and I knew I wouldn't be taking them anywhere.

As far as 1 lb gloves, I'd be interested to hear why we need them for STS. I can't remember reading that anywhere. I've thought about them for kickboxing, where else would you use them?

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.