Just a comment about music

Beavs

Cathlete
If there is one thing that in my opinion, that could be improved in the videos, generally speaking, is the music. I realize this is completely subjective, a matter of taste so please humor me.

I'm hoping to hear some bumpin' (like "Brick House" bumpin'!) music this time around. I think some of the best music I have heard in videos can be found on the original Strong Bear and Fast Cheetah workouts with Tracey Long as well as many of Amy Bento's workouts. I was a little disappointed to hear music from the previous series appear on the 4DS...it sounds sterile and very much created for a workout video by some producer who wouldn't listen to it otherwise. Others will most certainly disagree so take it for what its worth. I just find for me the music can make or break the workout. I actually push myself through IMAX2 just so I can my Pina Colado groove on ;)

Wow
I was just thinking about the music also as music is VERY big for me and will also break or make a workout for me - IMAX 2 is my all time #1 dvd due to the Fun factor it has and for me it has plenty to do with the music

How wonderful STS would be with fantastic music to get me revved up and smiling even when I feel I can't push further but yes the music helps keep me going to the very end

Here's one more vote for a stong beat and pumping music. You have the BEST videos in the market and would love to hear fun, loud music that DRIVES the workout. Especially weight work!

I love the music from Barry's Bootcamp (although these workouts are FAR inferior to yours). But, the music pumps me up and makes me push harder.

JMO!

Can't wait for these new workouts though--even if they're set to classical music!!! :)

Another vote for bumping music! I like loud, pumping, music when I work out. The music in the Intensity Series is my favorite music of all Cathes workouts.

Well music IS a matter of taste. Some of Amy's felt like nails on a chalkboard to me, others of it was great.

>Well music IS a matter of taste. Some of Amy's felt like
>nails on a chalkboard to me, others of it was great.

LOL, Dorothy! Honestly, I usually don't pay much attention to the music in any workout, but when I got Amy's Slo-Mo workout the music just grated on my nerves something awful!

Lori

It's so crazy how people's taste is different. I absolutely loved the music in 4DS. I like the music with no words, has bump and almost reminds me i'm in a club dancing. As for Brick House and all, it just reminds me of being at a wedding. (no offense intended here!!!;) ) Also, if it's weight workouts, I can't imagine music being too crazy. Maybe because there will be so many videos she can make everyone happy. I think no matter what I'm going to be extremely happy with this workout!!! I cannot wait!

Maybe the best way to address the music issue is to use variety so everyone will be happy. With 37 workouts to do, there certainly will be plenty of room for lots of different kind of music. Personally, I love the intensity series music and also like the GS series music as well. I say, bring on the 80's hairband music!!!:7 I love hearing familiar music from the past.

BTW, I did not like the Barrys Bootcamp music. It's not that the music was awful, but they kept playing the same music over and over and over and over again. UG!!!! I don't use them that often b/c of it.

Angie

Music is a funny thing. I love the music from the first combo of BM2 but actually skip the second and third combo because I can not stand Jesse's Girl and other similiar music from that DVD set. However I remember reading on the forum at the time that many people loved that music. I prefer the more techno style stuff. However I will agree that Imax2 had some of the best music.

I love the music in 4 day split as well as in her unnamed series.

But I wonder how bumping the music can be with a series like STS.

I've been pondering that one.

Personally, I prefer Cathe's strength when she is able to follow the beat of the music, which was problematic for me in 4 day split.

But I love the cardio music in 4 day split's cardios

I did like much of the music on low max....especially the M/A/R/R/S "Pump of the Volume" remix and the little taste of Frankie Goes to Hollywood.

Frankly, I am not concerned with the beat when lifting heavy, as far as using it as a guideline (otherwise the only option might be Kansas' Dust in the wind....blech!). I just like something that makes me want to get up and do the workout.

And I guess those who think of Brick House as wedding music perhaps a.) lack an appreciation of classic funk and R&B music b.) have attended a lot of pimp weddings ;) :7

For cardio I prefer really funky, grooving, fun music to get me moving, but for weights the music isn't as critical. However, I would love to have some good ol' rock-n-roll for lifting to get me pumped. (Stones, U2, etc.)

rose2boys

Keep smiling & sweating!

Wow, I am too old for this crowd, not knowing what some of this music is, yikes. The one song of Amy's that really bugged me was when the vocals sounded like chipmunks. So as long as there are no chipmunks singing, I am good.

Chipmunks! Oh no! I find Amy's w/o 50/50. Some of it awesome (better than most) and some of it...painful.

Music is much more important to me when it's for cardio. Like many of you ,it can make or break a workout for me.(Go Imax 2!) But, for weight training, I don't care as much and would rather just have something that is not too annoying or distracting, more for background than for setting the pace.

I guess its because with weights you don't necessarily "lift to the beat" but for cardio you do? Or is it the distraction of the pain?

A no music option for this series would really be great, just put on your personal "pimp wedding" music and follow along.:)

Music definately makes or breaks a workout. The music in Kickmax is so elevator-generic that I just can't do the workout. The music makes the workout so tedious. I like a thumpin' and bumpin' soundtrack because it really motivates me. I like the music from the intensity series the best, but I also like music from the blast series. I also liked the music from CTX! George Clinton is always groovin'!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.