Increments of Wts Needed?

forever39

Cathlete
After reading this:

Another big and important difference is how you will choose a weight that is appropriate for you by testing to find your 1RM for every exercise in this series. You’ve heard us mention our new upcoming Workout Manager in an earlier update which will be available to you at no charge. This will help you easily calculate your 1RM by finding the heaviest weight you can safely handle with good form AND lift for 10 reps… but not 11. Our 1RM calculator will calculate your 1RM based on your input and will store and keep track of everything for you. The Workout Manager will also print a customized workout card for you so you will know the correct weight to use for the workout you do that day. It is important to calculate your 1RM as studies have shown that when left to an individual to choose their own workout weights they usually choose a weight far less than what they should have or what is considered necessary for maximum results.

My question is... what increments of weights will the workout manager recommend when it's time to increase? Will I need weights that jump in increments of 2 lbs? 5 lbs? etc. Just wondering if I need to purchase more "in between" weights or platemates...etc.

Thanks!

Hi Forever39! Smaller muscle groups usually need smaller weight increments (ie: between 1 to 3 pounds per incremement). Larger muscle groups usually can increase by 5 to 8 or 10 pounds. Of couse this is just a gauge:)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.