I'm done!!!!

Dela

Cathlete
Ok finally, I am done with the 1RM testing!!! Well, ok, I can't lie, I have 6, 1 star exercises left, but I'm just going to match those up with similar ones, so as far as I'm concerned I am done!

I started these back in September, then stopped and have done most of them in the past 6 weeks or so. I chose to do large chunks of them at a time, so I think I completed them in 5 or 6, 2-3 hour sessions.

Now I just have to input all the numbers into the WM, I wanted to wait for the new upgrades before doing that part.

:D:D:D

Hey you beat me!

I just did another 20-25 exercises today, now I have about 25 more and I'm done. I decided not to bother with the 1-star items and do it when I do the workout.

Do you know if I input the workout manager now, when the new version comes out it keep everything right? I would think so.....

I'm chipping away at mine now too...it feels good to at least get some of them done! Is anyone finding some of their weights to be similar for various exercises or is it just me?! I am finding I think I am a little stronger than I thought, which is a good thing. I haven't done any of the one-stars either, yet, we'll see if I do them! I inputted most into WM already, and HOPE they carry through in the next rev...

I played with the 1 rm a while back, now I am doing them for the actual wts I'll use. I printed the 8 page sheet SNM linked to the other day. I did the 1st 3 pages today, in 2 sessions. I am doing them all 1 star to 5 star. I am going to try to knock out another 2 pages tomorrow and the next day. And then the final page the day after. I'm skipping regular wt work outs this week to get the 1 RM's done. I'll do cardio daily instead, and then my 1 RMs after. I figure it can count as my wts for the week, and after the holidays, I could use a little extra cardio:confused::confused::confused: I should be done 1 RMing by the end of the week.

Nan

Is anyone finding some of their weights to be similar for various exercises or is it just me?!

I definitely found that to be the case, like even things that I thought should have varied, were pretty much the same. And I needed to retest quite a few of them, because I was not choosing heavy enough weights, which although annoying at the time, did make me feel good that I could go heavier. :)

How do I ...

print out all of the exercises so I can start doing the 1 RM test? I am so behind but I don't plan on starting right away. TIA!!

ETA: Never mind. I found it in the sticky post at the top. :D

Last edited:
1RM done, but now entering

finally finished my 1rm workouts! Man, I find myself having to keep throw down my weights and get heavier. What a she-man I must be!! LOL Cant wait to start carving this bod! :eek:

Last edited:
I finally got started today. I did them in rounds. Since I was substituting 1RM for GS Back, Shoulders & Biceps today, those are the exercises I chose. I started out by walking for five minutes on the treadmill, then did a round of one exercise for each of the muscle groups. Then I did 5 minutes on the treadmill and did another round. I only got 18 exercises done, which was a little disappointing, but I was starting to fatigue muscle-wise and felt any more of the tests would be less accurate. I'm just planning to keep on in this manner, subbing 1RM days for weight-training days.

It feels good to have gotten started. I had done a few of them some months ago, but they were just random. With the PDF we now have I feel like I can fill in the blanks and see some real progress.

Yes,the list goes on and on!! Then, I just entered all the reps in the workout manager. That took some time too.

Immediate payoff - I think everyone realizes they can try to lift heavier and will now do this thanks to Cathe's system. I think, in the past, I have always triedi to avoid injury plus I want to do all the reps that Cathe does so I go a little lighter so I am sure to finish.

We'll get there!!:eek:

I'm done now, too!!1 Yay!!! I just have to enter in the last 4 pages of numbers. I am off to turn myself into a red head. While the chemicals are sinking in I will punch in my numbers. The good news is I'm stronger than I thought. The bad news is I'm stronger than I thought and I need to step it up. I was about on target with lower body, but I can go quite a bit heavier with the upper.

Nan

Anybody have a rule of thumb? If you are typically using x#weight in workouts for 2-3 sets of 12 then your 1RM is y? I want to avoid all those retests if possible! LOL

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.