I am still intimidated...

stephaniejoy

I am still intimidated and nervous about doing the STS program. My husband really wants to do the program with me. I'm worried I won't be able to even finish the first DVD! Cathe and the crew look like they can lift a lot of weight. They just looks so FIT! Is anyone else nervous about starting it?

Stephanie

That's why you figure out your 1RM - you lift the % of YOUR 1RM, not Cathe's. I'm nervous about it - but in a good way. I am lifting much less than I was a year ago, as I recover from shoulder surgery, and I cancelled STS because I didn't think I would benefit from it - but reordered because it doesn't matter HOW much weight I can lift - this program is tailor-made for each individual.

You never know what you are capable of until you try - I bet you will surprise yourself.

I'm scared and excited at the same time! I have moments of doubt when watching some of the YouTube clips, but at the same time the appealing thing is that I will NEVER be bored! Having a different workout each day for 3 months! and I can bet we will all get some amazing results if we work the program! I'm taking this challenge on faith and not looking back! :) I would not consider myself an advanced exerciser either, more a beginner/intermediate with advanced tendencies! lol!

If I am slightly afraid of a workout, I know it's enough of a challenge. If I am noticing that I am avoiding the working because of it, I try to pay attention to that and tell myself that I will only do what I can do, and that I can do down pyramids or lower my weights. I can adjust my workout to suit me - and STS is all about pushing it to YOUR limits, not Cathe's.

Don't be intimidated - be motivated!!! I wasn't even thinking about ordering STS because of the huge commitment and software, etc., but when I see how great Cathe and the cast look, I'm jealous so I have to order it. Gets me every time :eek:

I'd be so happy that my husband was doing it with me! Unfortunately my hubby has shoulder issues so he doesn't want to even try to lift weights. He's a biker/treadmiller though. He always gives me lots of credit for doing these tough workouts though!

I'm mostly excited about those freaking paper plates!! I watched the youtube and tried a few of the exercises - they are going to be a workout! :p I could feel things so differently when I used those. Luckily (kind of) my basement carpet is so beat down that the plates slide real good! I sure wouldn't want to be working out on a good living room carpet and do those!

Have fun!!

Stephanie,
If you preview the workouts, and you don't think you'll be able to finish them (though you should if you follow YOUR 1RM), you can probably cut out some sets at first. For example, if there are 3 sets per exercise, just do 2 first time out. (If there are 4, do 3 first time out for the large muscle groups--legs, back and chest--and 2 for the smaller muscle groups: arms and shoulders). That will help you ease into the program a bit.

Stephanie, I am scared out of my mind about the leg workouts and pushups - ha! Honestly it's such a mental thing...making yourself do exercises that burn like crazy. But I think we may get better and better at that mind game, and soon actually be good at overcoming the mental stuff with this series.

I'm scared, but I'm gonna do it when I'm done with Chalean Extreme, as much as I can. I guess we won't die, right? I know you're at least a little excited deep down, just like me! : )

I am sooooo excited to get and start this. I'm actually kind of happy it has not arrived yet, the past few weeks have given me a chance to shake off some of the effects of November and December (first sick for a couple of weeks, then a crazy work schedule, holiday eats, and a long vacation, all in 6 weeks).

I will admit the leg work looks crazy, I'm kind of weak at plyo type work, but it's all about doing what I can do, and improving with each workout. I just can't wait to see what kind of results we all see from STS.

Like Dani said, I too am super excited to have so many new workouts to look forward to.

I think it will be fun too when we all get our STS to see the boards just light up with activity.

I'll admit that after being away from exercise (and being healthy in general) for the last year or so i'm probably going to have to bust out my girly purple 3lbs weights for some of these exercises (triceps) :eek:. So i'm intimidated when I see the clips but at the same time excited to know that if I work at my own pace and use my 1RM (of which i've completed 0 lol) i'll hopefully be able to work up to some of those heavy weights some day.

I have to say, even though I know these workouts are going to be scary-burn-like-crazy hard, I can't wait for the challenge. I've been so bored with regular weight lifting that I've been doing a ton of cardio instead so I'm hoping STS will reignite my love of weight lifting, someway, somehow! I am looking for the results we've all seen in Cathe and her crew and I know STS will NOT disappoint! My husband is almost as excited as me, too funny!

I can't order STS yet but I'm am so ready for the challenge. It really motivates me, but it doesn't scare me. I have a special love for strength training.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.