How often should we do Bonus Legs for those of us with too much "junk in our trunks"

Denise R

Cathlete
Should we add the Bonus Legs several times per week within every Mesocycle, doing various segments each time? (since they are non weighted) Or would you suggest doing the entire 4 segments for a nice 40 minute burn 1x per week?

I'm trying to reduce the size of my rearend, so any cardio suggestions would be great as well. (such as how much would be appropriate during the duration of STS)

Thanks!

Denise

Hi Denise! The bonus leg sections are short add ons that were created with the mindset of knowing that a workout was just previously done and the legs are already fatigued. They are geared to be an icing on the cake workout moreso than a stand alone workout. The way that I designed them was after each leg workout in Mesocycle one, you would then have one different 10-ish minute add on to give an exra bonus burn. If you choose to use them differently, you may not experience the intensity in the same manner so know that all add ons can easily be made more or less intense by either increasing/decreasing the ankle weight, increasing/decreasing the reps performed, increasing/decreasing the band resistance, etc.

Yes, you can do all 4 segments as one long workout but you may find that to feel choppy since it wasn't designed to be done that way.

As far as not wanting to build your buttocks/glutes up, keep your cardio to 4 to 5 days (30 to 40 minutes a session) Avoid high doses of interval training, plyometric training, or working on hills/inclines as this fires the glutes and legs up. But once a week is not a bad thing.

Good Luck!

Should we add the Bonus Legs several times per week within every Mesocycle, doing various segments each time? (since they are non weighted) Or would you suggest doing the entire 4 segments for a nice 40 minute burn 1x per week?

I'm trying to reduce the size of my rearend, so any cardio suggestions would be great as well. (such as how much would be appropriate during the duration of STS)

Thanks!

Denise

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.