Is this happening to anyone else?

FourAM

Cathlete
I was just wondering...
Now that STS is getting closer I find myself upping the intensity of my workouts. It is kind of like my subconcious mind knows it needs to get prepared for something. Or...I know I need to get prepared because I know Cathe is going to kick my butt like never before. :eek:
I am so excited. I am already noticing changes and it is not even here yet. Of course it could be from the extra 1rm tests I am doing too. Hell ,who knows but I will take it. :D
I think the older I get the better I get. :)
I guess you can tell I am feeling my oats today. Had great leg day:):):)
Anyhow I was just wondering...
:)Rachel:)

I've been upping my workouts since I preordered in Feb! I wanted to get down to my goal weight before STS, and woo hoo, as of yesterday, I reached it! Now, I'd like to lose another 3 before STS.

I know how you feel about a good leg workout, I just had a great run today and am feeling great.

:( I'm actually lowering the intensity of my upper body workouts because of shoulder injury (per dr. and physical therapist). Am hoping to be back to "normal" before STS arrives!!!!

Congrats Lisa!!!!:D

Mary,
I am pretty weak in my shoulders anyway so I have to be careful. I hope your injury is healing but at least you were smart enough to cut back. I used to have a PT who would not practice what he preached and he jacked up his elbow pretty good. I think it is always good to nurse an injury.
Rachel:)

Well, to be honest, I kept trying to "work through it" - luckily I smartened up and went to the doctor after taking a week off of upper body and it didn't get better... at least it's not a rotator cuff tear - just tendonitis. my sister is having rotator cuff surgery next week which will lay her up for almost 2 months... so I caught it in time, hopefully

Yep I think I am actually. If something isn't totally making me beat by the time I'm done I don't feel like I worked out hard enough. partly cause I want to loose the extra weight before STS so I can focus on muscle building. I'm also working hard on my weight training though in hopes I'll be slightly as tuff as them in the STS group ;)

I've been trying to heavy up on my weights so I'm ready for STS! Heck, I've been ready for STS since March!

Well, to be honest, I kept trying to "work through it" - luckily I smartened up and went to the doctor after taking a week off of upper body and it didn't get better... at least it's not a rotator cuff tear - just tendonitis. my sister is having rotator cuff surgery next week which will lay her up for almost 2 months... so I caught it in time, hopefully

Mary~ I wish I would have been smart like you and listened to my body:eek: Two years ago, I had some tendonitis in my shoulder that I ignored while training for my black belt. I suffered a total tear of my rotator cuff during a sparring match. Because it completely tore off the bone, I had to have it surgically reattached. Rehab for me was almost a year so I hope your sister has better luck! The good news is I'm back to doing everything I could do before my injury and I learned a good lesson;)

Rachel~ I find myself upping my weight work too in preparation for STS. I recently finished P90X and now doing Gym Styles.

JJ

JJ - It is KILLING me not doing "real" workouts while I rehab. But it is feeling better and I can do alot of exercises except for shoulder, overhead extensions, pullovers... my physical therapist told me today that on Wednesday we'll be adding one pound weights to the exercises I'm doing - woo hoo - how sad is that? But I'm grateful that I stopped "working through it" and had it checked out and we hopefully caught it in time. He is retraining me to build my upper back muscles - strange, cuz back was always one of my strongest bodyparts - but we are isolating right now and it feels much better so far.... I'm sorry you had such a long recovery but am glad you are back on track.

I am DYING for STS to get here.

Well I figure STS starts you off right where you are if you do the 1rm tests. I'm just getting back into working out after taking some time off (and putting on some weight!). I'm mostly doing the 4DS which lift heavy.

I too noticed that I am training harder and more frequently. I am soooo looking forward to STS - a little scared too, but mostly excited.

Lisa - congrat's on meeting your goal.

Mary - good luck w/ the recovery.

Yes, I've been upping my weight on strength work, too. I hadn't thought that it was because my subconscious was thinking "STS is coming soon," but now that you mention it, that might be why :).

... my physical therapist told me today that on Wednesday we'll be adding one pound weights to the exercises I'm doing - woo hoo - how sad is that?

Oh Mary...I understand! I remember how excited I got when I graduated to a tuna can:confused: I know how frustrating it can be but you are doing the right thing. Believe me...you want to avoid surgery at all costs.

JJ

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.