Half way ups on 1RM?

skatch

Cathlete
Hi just wondering when you do 1RM testing do you do the exercises the way Cathe does with the "half way ups"? In the video the elevated lunge is done in one of these rep patterns. Not sure if that is the way it is intended to be tested too?

Hello,

I am in week 3 of STS, and I had this same question when I was doing my 1RMs. There is a post on the forum somewhere that states that for exercises that are partial reps like the lunges, and for the 21s exercises that it is not possible to find a 1RM and we should use a weight that challenges you. If memory serves me correctly, I think Cathe uses a 12 lb DB for the elevated lunges. If I can find the post, I'll post the link.

Hope this helps! :)

Thanks, for some reason this exercise is given 3 stars in the book. I think these are killer though, my legs are always wobbly after!

One rep Max testing for rep patterns.

One Rep Max testing only works for standard reps. Testing will not work for rep pattern movements and shouldn't be used for these exercises.

Well that is confusing that the handbook lists exercises with 1.5's and 21's. Also the video clips used for the exercises shows rep patterns.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.