Doing STS Legs at the gym?

wennell_dennell

Hi there,

A quick question for SNM and anyone else who wants to weigh in...I don't have a squat rack, but love love LOVE working heavy weights, so was thinking I'll try to do as many of the STS leg workouts at the gym as I can. I have enough poundage at home to take care of my upper body requirements, but particularly fro Meso #3, I want to load up for lower body.

I was wondering if the iPod workouts are likely to be ready sometime early in the new year...if not, then my plan is to watch the legs DVDs for STS, print out workout cards, and take them to the gym to do my workout there...is anyone else considering this?

Cheers,
Jennifer

Jennifer,

I take my Cathe strength DVD workouts with me to the gym as ipod video rips.

The only reason I did not get STS was because SNM announced they would do STS Gym. If not, I would have converted STS to ipod rips and done them at the gym.

You can rip just the sound track off a DVD to make an mp3 or alternatively the video. I have done it both ways, but I prefer video because I can peek at the screen for visual clues. It is tough to watch the ipod screen all the time when you are working out with weights, but a peek now and again is usually good enough. I wear my ipod nano on my wrist in a band and can see Cathe and crew in the reflection on the mirrored walls at my gym when I squat! The added advantage with STS is that Cathe seems to be counting almost every rep in the clips. That will be a BIG advantage if you choose to do it the ipod way.

I dont have enough poundage at home to lift heavy enough, and I highly reccomend Cathe on ipod for gym goers.

Thanks!

Thanks Vee!

I'll give that a try, maybe do a few practice runs with the Gym Style series. I also have a Nano, but didn't realize you could watch video on it (obviously I hardly use it)....

Jennifer,

The 3rd gen (squarish shaped model) or 4th gen (latest model) support video. Previous versions wont.

PM me if you have trouble.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.