Do you only work one group once a week?

lightening16

Cathlete
Hello
I just ordered STS and am really looking forward to getting it! From what I can tell it appears that the there are 3 muscle groups that are worked and that you only do them once week?

Right now I have two splits and I do legs and lower body twice a week and arms and chest twice a week. I am assuming that Cathe knows what she is doing. But am a right in my assumption? I have been weight training only since July and I only just recently switched to heavy weight from high rep low weight overload. My goal is fat loss and improved body toning. I am hoping that this program will help me reach these goals???

Thanks for the info.

Three Days Per Week.

Yes, you're correct. STS is a three day per week total body strength training program and you will work each muscle group once per week as we feel this will give you the greatest benefit for time spent working out. This not to say that you could not do each STS workout twice per week if you preferred to do so. We just feel there will be very little upside to training each muscle group twice per week and the problems with doing so include not allowing your body enough time to recover and an increased likelihood of mental fatigue.

We strongly believe that more is often less when it comes to working out. STS is a very intense strength training program and three days per week is really all you will need to obtain great results.

Since STS is based on periodization and has been carefully planned you will get faster and better results with less chance of an overuse injury or quitting because of boredom.

You will also notice that in the STS program we give you one week off every four weeks. This is difficult for some to accept as they feel they will lose their hard earned gains from the previous four weeks. This is done because studies have shown that in the long run your body will progress faster and plateaus will be avoided by taking some time off. With STS we have done all the planning for you.

3 days per week

I was wondering this also. Thank you for the explanation. Could you also explain if we do the split M-W-F and then cardio on T & TH, could you take the weekend off to keep the workouts those days of the week or are you supposed to start up again on Sat or Sun? It seems like a lot of days off until you get to the same body part again but I prefer to not work out on weekends. Thank you for all your hard work on this tremendous project - really looking forward to it!

Yes, you can take the weekend off. You only need to do the STS strength workouts once per week. One of the benefits of a periodization workout, like STS, is that it maximizes your time and results and decreases the chances of metal fatigue which could lead to you quitting your program.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.