Deline/Incline bench?

hrcfitness

Cathlete
I noticed that at times in the previews some of the cast is using a decline or incline bench while others are just using the step....is it worth it get a multi position bench for STS? I know your gonna tell me that I don't need it, but whats the value of using one...I've been considering getting one, but never quite sure what the difference would be. Thanks so much for your time.
Elena

I have a bench, but use the step when I'm working out with my DH.
IMO, the bench is easier to use a barbell if you have a rack overhead.
Also, if you don't have a lot of risers to raise the height of the step, it's more challenging to get up and down off the step (for me anyway;)).

It just gives you more options. For example, compare a flat bench tricep extension to a decline tricep extension. Both work the triceps, but the decline will work the triceps through a greater range of motion thus working the triceps just a little better than the same exercise done on a flat bench. Another advantage too of a decline/incline bench is it is quicker and easier to setup than a step and risers. The decline/incline benches we use in STS have wheels and fold flat in seconds for easy storage.

I noticed that at times in the previews some of the cast is using a decline or incline bench while others are just using the step....is it worth it get a multi position bench for STS? I know your gonna tell me that I don't need it, but whats the value of using one...I've been considering getting one, but never quite sure what the difference would be. Thanks so much for your time.
Elena

Elena... this was one of my best purchases a few years ago...I can do the same exercise but adjust the bench from Deline to flat to 4 different inclines... Talk about hitting your muscles from every possible angle! Its really a good investment in my opinion...also as Cynthia says..For some of us getting up & down off the Step/Bench without a ton of risers can be a workout in & of itself! LOL

For those who have a bench, is there a brand you would recommend? And a price range? Now I'm thinking about this as well! I like the idea of it folding flat for storage. My w/o room is also the kids playroom!

For those who have a bench, is there a brand you would recommend? And a price range? Now I'm thinking about this as well! I like the idea of it folding flat for storage. My w/o room is also the kids playroom!

Mine is a BowFlex...I got as part of a package with the adj. weights so I dont know alacarte price..I'm SURE you can find a good one for better price at a local fitness store.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.