Counter productive with STS??

jenmgo

Cathlete
Hi Cathe
I posted this question a while ago but i dont think you ever saw it. I know STS will have room for cardio of our own choosing and 3 days of lifting with STS.
My question is is cardio counterproductive to getting/seeing results on the SAME DAY as STS? I work 12 hours shifts on a rotating schedule. I Know i can always get in 3 days of working out, but if STS should be done by itself in one day then i'm trying to figure out what i can do. I love heavy lifting and i am also a cardio junky.
So..is it counterproductive to do an hour long cardio workout AND an hour long weight workout on the same day? This is in general , and also in the sts program. I would appreciate your input. Thanks!

Hi Jenmgo! Cardio is definitely welcomed while doing the STS program and if you must do it on the same day, go ahead and do it. The only thing I would not recommend is doing A) a solid hour of cardio (I think 30 minutes would be better) and B) doing weights and cardio back to back (if you have to do them back to back, do your weights first).

In any program, in general, I would make the same recommendation if your goal is to get maximum strength gains and dense shapely muscles.

Take Care!

Quick question, why do you say here to do the weights before cardio but in all your videos you do cardio then weights at the end? Thanks I was just wondering.

That is a great question - I hear varying opinions on this. My latest personally for myself and my clients is to do the cardio last. I hear that lifting initially taps into your stored carbs and depletes them so by the time you get to cardio, you have to rely on stored fat to burn. Anyway, that is what I have heard in latest news. Also, the source said that this was especially true if you did this first thing in the morning after fasting all night.

Clarissa :)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.