Cathe/SNM -Not sure if I should do 3 or 6 month rotation?

princessbear

Cathlete
I posted this in the AskCathe forum but thought it might be better to post here since it is an STS question.

First - I must say that after previewing the first 4 discs of Meso 1, and doing the Ab Circuit stability ball workout today - BRAVO!!! What an amazing product you folks have put out - I'm looking forward to the STS journey.

I'm not sure if I will get the best results doing a 3 or 6 month rotation of STS and am looking for some feedback.

I have been on a bit of a layoff from lifting since shoulder surgery in October. I've been back to weight training since December, starting very slow (can you say THREE POUND dumbell bench press?). In January, the doctor said "Go for it" and I started slowly upping my weights and started my 1RM testing this morning - chest and back. I'm amazed at the results of my testing and likely could have even gone heavier on some moves.

My goals - to lose some bodyfat (about 5 pounds), tone up and BUILD more muscle. I was a competitive bodybuilder until about 9 years ago, let myself go a little (not too much), and am still, at 44, in pretty good shape and respond well to weight training.

So......... long story short .......... would I benefit more from a 3 month or 6 month rotation?

Thanks for any suggestions!!

Great Question. I have been wondering which one to do. I really don't the difference except that one is longer and one is shorter. What other differences are there?

I was thinking of doing the 3 month first, trying not to have my goal to far away.

I am still waiting for my delivery.. hopefully this week !!

I read that Beloved Heather is doing a 5 month rotation.
2 months of meso #1
2 months of meso #2
1 month of meso #1 (the most intense building phase)

I personally think it sounds like a very good idea depending if you want to lean out a bit before you build up your muscel.

I read that Beloved Heather is doing a 5 month rotation.
2 months of meso #1
2 months of meso #2
1 month of meso #1 (the most intense building phase)

I personally think it sounds like a very good idea depending if you want to lean out a bit before you build up your muscel.

That's what I'm thinking about doing, too. I don't really want to build alot of muscle as much as lean out & gain a bit of strength. Mesos 2/3 kinda scare me, like i'll get too bulky, esp. in legs.

Any thoughts on doing Meso 1 2x, but 2&3 once?

I don't know where the thread is, but Cathe answered this question somewhere before. I remember her saying that she would actually prefer it as a 6 month rotation, because it gives you a chance to get to know each workout and do it again, before moving on.

With your goal to lose some body fat it might be even better to do meso 1 twice in a row because while you are losing fat you will be on a calorie deficit and will want to maintain rather than build muscle. Then when the body fat is gone, you might be right on track with meso 2 and 3.

That's just a thought, because i have been reasoning that way myself. I'm trying to lose about 6% bodyfat first and then build some more muscle. I'm planning on doing a 6 month rotation, both so I know the workouts better as well as get a little more fat burn time before the heavy building meso comes due...

I hope that helps:)

I don't know where the thread is, but Cathe answered this question somewhere before. I remember her saying that she would actually prefer it as a 6 month rotation, because it gives you a chance to get to know each workout and do it again, before moving on.

With your goal to lose some body fat it might be even better to do meso 1 twice in a row because while you are losing fat you will be on a calorie deficit and will want to maintain rather than build muscle. Then when the body fat is gone, you might be right on track with meso 2 and 3.

That's just a thought, because i have been reasoning that way myself. I'm trying to lose about 6% bodyfat first and then build some more muscle. I'm planning on doing a 6 month rotation, both so I know the workouts better as well as get a little more fat burn time before the heavy building meso comes due...

I hope that helps:)

Now you have me thinking...maybe I will do the 6 month rotation. Is there anything in the guide that talks about this.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.