Cathe - A question about missing a week mid-stream on STS

Gibbee

Cathlete
Cathe -

What should one do if they know they will be missing a week of working out due to travel (in my case it will be during Meso 1)? How do you adjust the program for that event?

Thanks in advance -

Gibbee

Is there a way to start sooner, so the vacation week falls on your rest week? But I guess life will always get in the way. I'm curious to see what others have to say.

not Cathe but IMHO I guess it all depends on when STS arrives and when your travel week is... if it is just a week or so after STS starts, it might be better to just review the program and do some preliminary work using the disc's to try them out (as I'm sure you will not be able to resist popping them into the DVD player ;)), go on your travels, and start over when you get back for "real"... I'm sure there will be a breaking in period for the first few DVD's getting to know the format and how to do all the transitions and breaks... that's just what I would do anyway... if it is further into the program like during what would be week 3, then I probably would start STS as soon as possible and maybe just take your break week a bit early and pick up where you left when you get back...

It's a hard call because we really don't know exactly when it will arrive... See what happens and how far you can get and then take it from there... :)

STS Timing

Gibbee:

When is your travel week? I was disappointed for a second when I first read Cathe’s update Friday about the likely STS shipping dates as I was hoping to start the first week in January. Cathe’s update was a blessing in disguise because it caused me to look at my calendar for 2009. I have a women's retreat and two other events scheduled for the first half of the year. Waiting until January 25, 2009, to start STS will make each of the recovery weeks coincide with these three dates! It will give me a few weeks to recover from all the Christmas party indulgences too and get back on track with good nutrition. Not to mention, I have not started any one-rep max tests yet. (I am doing some serious procrastinating as the list of exercises Kathy G posted looks overwhelming!) I am still hoping they ship sooner than expected so I can start previewing and playing with the lower body workouts! I am a visual learner, and it would help me to see the DVDs while I am doing my one-rep max tests.

If you want to wait and start a few weeks later than everyone else, you will not be alone!

Blessings,
Heather B.

"So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God" (1 Corinthians 10:31 NIV).

Cathe -

What should one do if they know they will be missing a week of working out due to travel (in my case it will be during Meso 1)? How do you adjust the program for that event?

Thanks in advance -

Gibbee

Missing a week is very common and not something to worry about with STS. In the STS program we give you a week off after finishing Mesocycle #1 and again after finishing Mesocycle #2. You first choice would be to start the program so that the week you will miss will fall during one of these weeks. Your second choice is to just move your week off to when you can't do the program. Your third choice is to just take an extra week off. Even elite athletes have problems, injuries and family emergencies that interrupt their workout schedule. Your results will really not suffer much and the added rest may even benefit you.

Thanks for the replies!

I'm thinking, BelovedHeather, that I might be in the same time frame as you - starting on the 25th... that would allow for the week off (the entire week of the 18th), some preview time, and maybe some tips/hints from others who have jumped right into it. I'd just hate to delay it or miss something by timing a week off at the wrong time - but, you're right, it'll give me time to think about it, preview, set up the workout area, maybe do a workout or two just to give it a whirl and go from there.

Thanks again everyone!

Thanks for this thread! I am a frequent traveller, being on the road 5-10 days most months, and am used to adjusting workouts to take best advantage of where-ever I happen to be ... I was crossing my fingers that STS would be as easy to adjust as the rest of the Cathe dvds are :)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.