Can I do both Squat Rack and Plyo Legs??

CollinsMom

Cathlete
After previewing the leg routines for meso three, I just can't decide!! I love heavy training for the lower body, but I love the fun factor of the plyo routines. In fact, I did the first plyo legs this morning and LOVED it -- I can't remember the last time I had that much fun during a workout.

So, would it be possible for me to incorporate both of these? Something like this...

STS upper
cardio
STS heavy legs
cardio
STS upper
STS plyo legs

Would this be too much?? TIA!

I don't have a squat rack and don't plan to purchase (although I will likely purchase more plates for my barbell set and lift heavier than I usually do). I am planning to incorporate Plyo Legs into my weekly rotation once I get going with STS, which means I'll have 2 (or 3, depending on how ambitious I get) lower body workouts per week. I think you should be fine, especially if you keep the lower body workouts at different parts of the week to allow adequate rest.

Have fun! I can't wait to try Plyo Legs this weekend :)

After previewing the leg routines for meso three, I just can't decide!! I love heavy training for the lower body, but I love the fun factor of the plyo routines. In fact, I did the first plyo legs this morning and LOVED it -- I can't remember the last time I had that much fun during a workout.

So, would it be possible for me to incorporate both of these? Something like this...

STS upper
cardio
STS heavy legs
cardio
STS upper
STS plyo legs

Hi Katie I was thinking of the same thing and would like to know this too. Good question you ask. I did plyo too and it was fun.

Trace, I don't have a squat rack but I was going to try it using the weighted vest.

I also thought about alternating the two. Do ply legs one week and then do squat rack legs.

I don't know if I would be able to handle it doing both in one week.

Saundra

I don't own a squat rack and I don't really feel like I need one. I have the x-vest, and 60# worth of plates for my bar. If nothing else, I will make my husband get off his butt and spot me.

The two workouts are so different, yet equally wonderful, I don't want to have to choose!! I think they would really compliment each other well.

STS upper
cardio
STS heavy legs
cardio
STS upper
STS plyo legs

That so Great! Were you thinking of all the way thru doing this or just during meso 3 where plyos was going to be?
I hope this question makes since:confused:

meezAnimatedBodyshot175x233dancing.gif

Well I won't be alternating the 2. Cathe recommends sticking with one method throughout the 4 weeks. That is what she suggest in the User Guide.

That so Great! Were you thinking of all the way thru doing this or just during meso 3 where plyos was going to be?
I hope this question makes since:confused:

Maybe all the way through, not sure... It is definitely a good cardio workout, so I feel like I could just sub it there.

Collinsmom,

I hope Cathe answers this question because I was wondering the same thing! I hope she gives us the green light to do both. If not, it's going to be a hard decision for me to make.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.