Back exercises

Lina, I've been wondering the same thing....will we need a pull up bar ...or will be able to do the back with just bands and weights?

Hi Repo,
I am presently doing the P90X series, but use Cathe's cardio workouts in place of the cardio in P90X. I am on week 4. That series incorporates mostly various pull-ups. They do show modification with bands. Since I can't do (and don't like) pull-ups, I use the bands. I don't feel the bands are effective, probably because I'm not using the right tension and/or not doing them correctly. Lawn mowers with free weights work well. I'll be done P90X in time for STS release. I hope when Cathe gets back from Dallas she will give us some information on the back segment of STS. If there are pull-ups in STS, I know Cathe will get us through them.
Lina

RE: Pull Ups?

We will use a wide variety of exercises for the back. I'm going to assume you’re asking this question because of the pull-ups that will be used in two of the mesocycles. Please don’t worry, we will show several different ways of doing a pull up and will show several modifications for those who don’t wish to do pull-ups.

We even have a new inexpensive product that we have designed for the “Fitness by Cathe” line for the home exerciser to help you to do pull-ups (and other exercises) easily in your own home without having to use a door. I’m not sure if this new product will be ready in time for the filming of STS, but we’re hoping it will. This will not be something you need to purchase to do STS , but will be one of many options for you.

Thank you for posting this response regarding pull-ups. I am one of those that is truly worried about them. I have never ever been able to do a pull-up on my own. I am glad Cathe is going to show modifications and that you'll also have several suggestions for us regarding equipment. I've seen the pull-up towers, but those are really big and I'm not ready for that investment yet. Of course I plan to do at least one pull-up when I finish a couple of rotations with STS. We'll have to see about that. Two years ago I couldn't do push-ups on my toes (and I was never able to do them in my life) and after a couple of rotations with the Gym Style series (C&T in particular) I've been able to do at least 2 sets of push ups on my toes for awhile now (thank you Cathe!), so I'm hoping the same happens with pull-ups.

Thanks for the info....since I am gravity challenged when it comes to pullups it's good to know I have options.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.